• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Chest of Lost Dreams

The Turk

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hello,

I do have an interesting question :)

So when my account was on EJ, I was checking my bank box, since EJ lets you to see everything in the containers I did see a couple of rares that I dont remember owning them.I reactivated my account and tried to find all those rares.However, I couldn't find them ,then i realized that my "chest of lost dreams" contains 7/125 items which means that those items are in the chest somehow... So back to my question,

Is there any way to open the "Chest of Lost Dreams" ? :D

Thanks

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is there any way to open the "Chest of Lost Dreams"?
That's a really nice item btw :thumbup:, so to open any container that can't be opened through normal means... try putting it inside a pack animal (ie. blue beetle/pack horse) and opening it from inside that pack :)

The Turk

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
That's a really nice item btw :thumbup:, so to open any container that can't be opened through normal means... try putting it inside a pack animal (ie. blue beetle/pack horse) and opening it from inside that pack :)

Thanks alot, it worked with the beetle :)

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why can't it be opened normally?
I'm not sure on this item as it seems like a functioning container (maybe it's not, could be bugged or EJ to Sub issue), but from my own experience it was from a stuck item in a pitcher... which can happen if you have one and start moving stuff around in your backpack hehe

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've heard that EM's are only able to attach one "special effect" to each item, and opening it counts as a special effect. So if it makes a smoke poof or something there's no way for them to also make it a usable container which causes items to get stuck in it. Not sure how accurate it is, but it would make sense.

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've heard that EM's are only able to attach one "special effect" to each item, and opening it counts as a special effect. So if it makes a smoke poof or something there's no way for them to also make it a usable container which causes items to get stuck in it. Not sure how accurate it is, but it would make sense.
You could be right on the special effects but found the answer regarding this rare on another UO site, I also updated the wiki :)

Chest Of Lost Dreams - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums

"Chest Of Lost Dreams is a black and green speckled chest. It does not open. It sparkles when double clicked."

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I've always wanted to own that rare... im jealous - if you ever want to sell, lmk!