• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chessy Auction 4-28-2023

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First off - Yes it will be held! (Well barring anymore in laws visits at 5pm!)

I have noticed that we seem to be getting more sellers than buyers lately. There were a good bit of lots at the last auction that went unsold. So I thought of some easy things we could implement to get more buyers in the door. I brought the idea to my alliance meeting and those in attendance thought they were a good start and worth a shot.

The first very obvious idea was Advertise! I go auctions on other shards and like the idea of knowing ahead of time what will be there. In fact, I'm making a transfer tonight to make sure I have enough money to bid on items I'm interested in. So for next auction, we hope you will utilize the mailboxes inside on the first floor. (Outside cat mailbox is for fishing contest entries.) On Wednesday the 26th, I will make a list of lots turned in and post them here and in the trade forum. I will continue to mix up lots so your items will not be all first when people may be half asleep or all last when they broke! I will try to sell the lots in the order they are written in case someone comes late hoping to buy that one item at the end of the list they were interested in. We will still take lots the night of the auction for that night's auction. (This may change as we see how the list helps or hurts. If we do change the last minute drop off; we will give notice of the change in advance by an auction or two.) These last minute entries will be auctioned after the pre-listed items. {or as spell check suggested "the pee-listed items. HAHAHAHAHH spell check is a goblin!}

The next idea goes hand in hand with the above. The "What the hell is that thing and what does it do?!" question that we get at least once an auction. Basically, if its turned in early, I have time to google said item and won't have to yell at Zoogi to "Google that quick!" during the auction. Also, if you have no idea about a starting bid for your item; I can try and find out and let you know on the Thursday before auction.

We will try out the above for the Friday the 28th Auction. The next idea will be tried at a future auction simply because I haven't worked it out yet.

The Third and Final Idea - A lottery! This would be a vendor you buy a book off of and after the auction, while Zoogi is frying his little green brain with all that Math, I will pull a number and that book wins gold! I am wanting to speak with others who have done this before to get idea how it all works. Once I figure out how to not have 200 winners because they all brought books with them and wrote the winning number in it; I'll let you guys know. (I want to try for the May auctions but with end of school year and sister coming soon to visit, it may not be implemented til June.)

I hope these little changes will be for the better. I don't want to get too fancy because I like our little Chessy auction that is all profit for the sellers. Besides, I don't think we want the goblin doing more Math - like percentages! Thank you for reading all this and I hope you work with us for your enrichment. (Did I sound like a slimy politician there?) Also; if you help spread the word about this post, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Susan