• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chesapeake Heart and Soul Festival - Saturday, Feb 14th! All day long!

• Thread starter Tancred RedStar
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Tancred RedStar

Just a reminder, the Chesapeake Heart and Soul Festival as proclaimed by King Casca is being held Saturday, Feb 14th starting at 3 PM EST!

The day will feature events all across the shard hosted by your fellow UO Chesapeake players! Presented by player-run towns, guilds and wonderful individuals, there's something for everyone!

A Magic show, a looting race, pvp, an auction, a fashion show, and more, surely something for everyone and it's going on all day!

For complete details, including event times and locations be sure to check out the official Heart and Soul Festival website at:
http://www.oceaneer.com/ChessyEvent/index.htm

Not sure where some of the events are being held? Visiting from another shard and don't have any runebooks? Are you just a little shy and tired of petting your pack llama alone? Head to the Community Center in Skara Brae in Trammel where you'll find gates to the festival event locations throughout the day as well as a pack of intinerant drunkards waiting to tell you harrowing stories of adventure and misfortune! The Community Center is located just east of the bank in Skara Brae.

T

Tancred RedStar

Just a quick reminder - this is Today, starts this afternoon!

D

Dragonchilde

I had a blast at the events I was able to make... I went to the Whose Line contest, a little of mage poker, a little of the fashion show and the Dragon's Watch Scavenger hunt.

I even managed to tell a good enough story to place second at the storytelling contest. :)

All around, a fabulous day, and I'm thrilled and impressed at the phenomenal good behavior Chesapeake showed. Aside from the limited EM harassers (they were quickly quieted) everyone was gracious and polite. A real treat!

T

Tancred RedStar

Yesterday's 2009 Chesapeake Heart and Soul Festival was a lot of fun! I call it the 2009 one because I hope there will be another in 2010. It brought back some old memories from years past when the Chesapeake community would come together for the spring and fall festivals. I was glad to see there was still quite a bit of interest and participation despite it being on a holiday of sorts for some people.

Thanks to everyone who came out to the festival! Whether it was entering contests, racing across the realm, putting on some tailored finery, summoning a zoo-full of animals, telling a story, pwnin' some foo'z in Fel or any of the other activities as part of the events(even just spectacting for the shy!), you were a part of the festival and helped make it a success and memorable for ages to come.

I also want to extend a special thanks to Chesapeake's very own EM Tailspin for organizing the festival, as well as EM Faine Morgan and EM Dudley who I saw were lending a helping hand. Even though they are "floaters"(a dubious choice of designation) they're still very much at home on Chesapeake! Also, a special thanks to those who graciously volunteered their time, gold, resources, homes and, in some cases, patience to pull off all the events. The schedule of events was full of things to do from start to end all day and featured a wide variety of activities to interest all types of fellow citizens from across the realm there really was something for everyone.

Among the residents of Gyldenfeld specifically, thank you Merilonna, Flora(*amazing* deco!), Breeze, Bane, Tanivar and Sweet Dreams who all contributed in various parts, large and small, but all nonetheless!

Lastly, I want to mention my thanks to my girlfriend who even though she doesn't play UO and never reads these messageboards(she is a TMZ and BitsAndPieces reader, ugh, lol) understands(tolerates? lol) my love of UO and my desire to be a part of this festival despite it being Valentine's Day :)

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a blast. I think my favorite was the magic show. I would also like to thank all the ems. You did an awesome job. And thanks to the players that did their own events. I haven't had that much fun on uo in awhile. I was very proud of our shard. I didn't notice any troublemakers and everyone got along very well.

Thanks again for a great day. :D