• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chesapeake Event Item Drop Policy

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As stated by Mesanna, these events are not about the items, it is about the story. When it is appropriate we will distribute rewards based on the following guidelines:

Every event will not result in an item drop.

Information regarding when a drop will occur will not be available.

Information regarding quantity of items dropped will not be available.

Participation rewards from contests will be of the unique GM crafter variety and will be made available to all those who participate. Not every contest will feature a participation reward.

Winners of contest style events will have a record of the accomplishment placed in the Hall of Victory in Malas and when fitting, a normal statue crafted out of Gold, Normal, or Bronze granite and engraved with a statue engraving tool reflecting the accomplishment will be given to the winner(s).

Any reward that will be traded to a player by a robe or RPC character will be of the unique GM crafter variety or engraved using readily available inscription tools.

Renamed, uniquely hued, or unique art rewards will be randomly placed on monsters during an event. Information as to which monsters or how many will not be available. When appropriate these items will be offered as unannounced stealables as well.

Reward givers will distribute rewards to those who participate in the event only following the conclusion of a major story arc where appropriate.

Holiday rewards will be setup by Mesanna at her discretion in a location she determines.

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never seen it posted before, so I like it right out there in the open.

T

Tancred RedStar

Well now it's spelled out so there's no question or room for doubt or misinterpretation. Everyone is going to be happy now, right? :)

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Although I cannot disagree with their logic regarding rewards not being the purpose of events. Event items are not important. I however do vehemently disagree with their stance on not releasing the quantity of such event items for reasons Bennu came to understand in his post here. I think its a shame when players have to speculate, and potential scamming can occur. Please take note a great number agreed with him. Perhaps maybe you will be persuaded to see the light one day.

http://stratics.com/community/threads/bennus-event-item-reward-list.286805/

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Smoot @Nails Warstein this post is from 2011
And yet still relevant, and currently a subject of interest for many UO Players. Event Items have becomea source of MAJOR income for many people like Nails, Smoot, and you whom attend many server's events and any changes/polices on them are important to them.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
And yet still relevant, and currently a subject of interest for many UO Players. Event Items have becomea source of MAJOR income for many people like Nails, Smoot, and you whom attend many server's events and any changes/polices on them are important to them.
Yes I know, I was just pointing out that some of this information isn't relevant anymore.

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will let you know that while some of it is no longer relevant due to the way item drops occur, we EM's of Chesapeake are still in agreement on the matter of rewards. Unannounced, Unconfirmed, and Unknown quantities. We are not here to help you price your wares and make intelligent buying decisions. An items worth is only what you put on it. Whatever decisions EM Bennu came to are his and he is entirely welcome to them, just as we are to ours. Thank you for your feedback on this issue, and may I leave you with words of wisdom.
Caveat Emptor.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just want to add, unknown numbers definitely make it easier for those who dupe or scam. I just want to make sure that is understood

** But saying that, we mostly know Chesapeakes numbers anyway as a community effort. So really, its not THAT needed

***Further edit, The difference between if chesapeake is 10 drop vs something like 15 drop doesn't really effect pricing, and I know that's not what the intention was behind Nails asking for a revision of this "rule".

Last edited:

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I sincerely appreciate you responding to our request and bringing light to a new discussion on this issue. I realize you are not a rare collector Drosselmeyer, so you wouldn't know that numbers are not necessarily important when pricing an item. If you make something awesome, players will pay a lot for it as long as they know that it is not abundantly plentiful, can make the difference of 100 million gold. Maybe this amount means nothing to someone like you, but there are players complaining about 2 million gold trade deals who like to make their houses and characters pretty. Players can take advantage of these unsuspecting players. Please don't allow this harmful practice to continue at your expense. The populace would appreciate a deep thoughtful consideration on this subject that would not harm your game or events in anyway.

As a broker, I am most concern with safe trading in this game. I have brokered over 500 billion gold in this game for free in silent auctions and rare festivals in just the past year alone. Players are concerned with the most meticulous details about UO for historical and trading purposes. I wish my altruistic nature would infect your playful one regarding this decision. I leave you with these eloquent words of wisdom that should empower you to do what is just and true, cause whether you realize this or not, the reputation of Chesapeake's honor and history are in your very capable hands.

timendi causa est nescire, mutantur omnia nos et mutamur in illis, minima maxima sunt, fallaces sunt rerum species, primum non nocere, facta non verba

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I will let you know that while some of it is no longer relevant due to the way item drops occur, we EM's of Chesapeake are still in agreement on the matter of rewards. Unannounced, Unconfirmed, and Unknown quantities. We are not here to help you price your wares and make intelligent buying decisions. An items worth is only what you put on it. Whatever decisions EM Bennu came to are his and he is entirely welcome to them, just as we are to ours. Thank you for your feedback on this issue, and may I leave you with words of wisdom.
Caveat Emptor.
Thank you for the explanation, I never did understand the issue with informing the public. As Promathia and Nails Warstein have mentioned it's not about pricing or announced items. If something fits into my collection I am always willing to pay a bit more for it. If it sparkles if it does certain things, if it's a giant ass two story statue, price is of little consequence if there are 10 or if there are 20. It is more to help us know when an item has been duped. We as collectors enjoy tracking the items down, knowing how many there are, who has them in their collection, and when to be alert if more than the official number come into market. I assure you, telling us if there are 10, 15, or 20 of an item isn't going to change the price. Where the item came from, how many others there are, the storyline it came from, and the theme of the item are all part of the items history and helps us fit them into our own stories.
We aren't asking how many there are to line our pockets (most of us), instead we are trying to stay informed about the items we participated in getting. It's part of our game-play history and important to us.