• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chemistry with Alchemy? (Mutated Potions Idea)

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't thought of all the specifics for this idea but I've been drafting a rough outline and here it is! Any feedback or constructive criticisms will be appreciated. Thanks!

Chemistry - Creating Mutated Potions
(Add-on skill for GM Alchemists)

'Mutated' kegs are concotions of existing potions within the world. Mutated kegs can be created by adding smaller portions of a potion to a larger base (base potion is 51-95% of the keg, mixed with smaller amount of one or more potions to fill it).

Example; Base is 75% invisibility potions mixed with 25% strength to give a chance (percentage) of making a mutant concotion that will allow the user to become invisible and resist passive or active detection by 5 seconds (the strength part).

Example; Base 75% deadly poison mixed with 15% parasitic poison and 10% greater conflaguration. If mutated, keg will produce throwable poison pots that create a 5x5 tile of deadly poison fields with parasitic mites that bite and poison the flesh.

* All mutant kegs have a small percentage of being created, just as with mutant plants.

Things to consider;
- Should the keg 'ferment' for 24 hours before it's ready to use and it's possible mutation is revealed?
- If certain mixes aren't compatible, the keg should explode causing damage to the alchemist.
- What will happen to kegs that do not mutate? Will they become their primary base? (First example, that keg if not mutated will become an invisiblity keg.)
- Will mixes be accidently revealed via trial and error or will there be a recipe book of sorts to guide the alchemist to creating a possible mutant keg?

This is the furthest I've gotten trying to trouble shoot and plan. Was a spur of the moment idea while making kegs this morning. :p