• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Check out this article

Q

Qute Pi

First of all, Nancy can shove you know what, you know where lol.
Second, what in the world are they talking about!?! Do they have a clue about us? Did I miss something? lol. I hate EA!
I sent 2 comments about my feelings on that news site. Maybe others can too...get the word out for player campaigns....

C

culbert123

OK, am I wrong in remembering that in a previous article Nancy "knows nothing about TSO" Smith said we didn't like interacting with each other?

Seriously- make up your minds EA! We either want to interact with other players or we don't. You either think there is a market for MMORPG's or you don't. You either want to build a product to compete with games like SL or you don't.

It will probably never come to fruition, but I'm already boycotting on general principle.

C

CherryBomb

Ha, ha! You beat me to it, Culbert. Maybe she is just saying whatever someone wants to hear at the time.

CherryBomb

F

fajjaa

I think Ms Smith gives us a pretty good representation of EA. She tells one interview that nobody likes playing with other people in online games, and then in this interview it is stated that 10 million people play WoW online, TOGETHER.

S

Shari

wow, that is ridiculous!!! Did anyone use the feedback form at the bottom? I think I will but I didn't see anywhere that would let me view other comments.

L

LadiLuck

I think Ms Smith gives us a pretty good representation of EA. She tells one interview that nobody likes playing with other people in online games, and then in this interview it is stated that 10 million people play WoW online, TOGETHER.
Is this women on drugs? She is showing how stupid her and the company she is running really is. To bad no one other then us are picking up on these things. She should not be head of any company from her past responses to the online gaming never mind the contradicting remarks in this article. It really is showing how out of touch EA is with its customers and the gaming industry.

Seems EA knows how to treat their customer base like crap, their employees like slaves and run great games into the ground due to not caring. Where does it all start.. at the head of the company.

R

Renee TSO

Wow! Unreal! I had to read that artical twice to let it sink in. Where did they find Ms. Smith anyway? Either they just hired her or shes really that slow. I think i need to write a strongly worded letter to EA now...

K

Katheryne

I'm ... completely ... speechless!

Anything I could possibly say in comment to this ... will likely violate the entire Rules of Conduct here, as well as laws in at least 28 states!

D

dianj

wow, that is ridiculous!!! Did anyone use the feedback form at the bottom? I think I will but I didn't see anywhere that would let me view other comments.

I did but couldn't find where to see the feedback either.

Q

Qute Pi

OK, am I wrong in remembering that in a previous article Nancy "knows nothing about TSO" Smith said we didn't like interacting with each other?

Seriously- make up your minds EA! We either want to interact with other players or we don't. You either think there is a market for MMORPG's or you don't. You either want to build a product to compete with games like SL or you don't.

It will probably never come to fruition, but I'm already boycotting on general principle.
I'm with you on the boycotting, too bad everyone wasn't. I don't even know what to think anymore, about EA or the person who's running it...

I did comment at the bottom, I think its sent to the newspaper or editor. I think if we could get everyone to overload them with our feelings maybe they will voice our concerns, instead of EA's.

NS is coocoo.............

A

ajdown@jp

Absolutely unbelieveable the lies that EA spread. Like Katheryne, expressing my true thoughts at this point would most likely cause the Stratics servers to melt down.

I've just left a message on the writer's voicemail to see if I can get him to talk to me and find out the truth about how EA have screwed us over, and how they've pretended that we haven't existed for the last five years.

I'll let you know if anything happens.

Does anyone have the link to the previous article where we were told that Sims players didn't want to play online? The best I can find is this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/technology/newsid_7388000/7388307.stm

S

SouthernWynds

Ok, I had to reregister to Stratics just to respond to this thread. One can only imagine that since we all so willingly gave of ourselves with our custom content and our participating in the wiki over the past year that we are good enough to help them with their what did she call us, "research"? but I guess our money is not quite the correct color green purple or black that they are looking for their paying customers to have. Well, Nancy, I sure hope that your research lab mice as I have been made to feel don't end up biting you and your beloved new and totally never thought of before ideas in the wrong place..

C

Connie Johnson

I am tottally appalled at what I just read and I think that we all deserve and demand some kind of explanation from ea on this. We have been playing and paying customers for years and we deserve to know why something like this was ever posted when our beloved game is being takin away from us.. there are also ea emails posted at our site http://playercampaigns.com for anyone that would like to send emails in response to this to ea. I for one will be sending them a few choice words over this one.

T

TKSpeedy

WOW! The Sims might become a multi-player online game? Really? Oh wow! Where do I sign up? Oh wait...I already did that SIX YEARS AGO! Are we invisible? Where did EA find this woman? And was she stoned or drunk when she gave these interviews?

ETA: I just sent a comment in using their form. Unfortunately, I ran out of characters allowed so I couldn't say everything I wanted to say.

C

Connie Johnson

I replied to the story as well but it wouldnt take my submissions not sure why anyone else get that when you tried to leave a comment?

T

TKSpeedy

I just got a pop up window that said Thank you for your comments. My comments didn't show up yet though.

C

Connie Johnson

none of mine showed up either.... pisses me off .... get me in a room with those people well show em what pissed off sims are like!

S

Shari

Yeah I commented right after my original post but same thing, don't think them shown anywhere and I wonder if anything even happens with them...

T

TheCookieFamily

LOL!!

Doesn't that just SUCK? Oh well. Lots of things suck and I have to say that on the suck scale this only rates a 0.5/10.

I highly doubt society cares about the fall of a video game. They barely care about the fall of their own planet!

A

Aster

Den, the founder of Stratics, found this article to be so out there, he requested that commentary about it be posted as news to the EAL/TSO Stratics main page and Central.

Here's the link: clickie

S

SnowAngel

Playing the game The Sims in an online setting!

What an innovative idea.

I can't believe someone didn't think of that before. rolleyes:

/sarcasm

On a side note. I too added a post to that article. I posted a link to a YouTube video of the commercial that EA ran advertising TSO. But my comment has also yet to show up on their page. Perhaps all new comments have to be approved by them prior to showing up.

D

Dor of Sonoma

I came across your commentary when I was posting some news myself. All that I can say is...(well, not that, maybe)...jeeze!

Ranks right up near the top on the Things That Make You Go Wtf?? list.

Dayum.

A

al-Maroc

er, someone got beat with the dumb stick? i feel like i lost IQ points reading what they said. good post there, A.

M

Milton

Anyone wishing to pass on to the Times Online staff what a poor job Jonathan Richards did with "researching" this article can use these email addresses:

TIMES ONLINE
Editor in Chief - [email protected]
Newsdesk - [email protected]

The article appear in the News/Tech & Web section but is really more suited for Arts & Entertainment since it is a work of fiction. And not a really good one at that.

S

Shari

thank you for the links. Does this paper have an actual paper they put out or it is strictly online? I was trying to browse the rest of the site yesterday and only got error 404 for everything, but I figured I would try again later.

A

armonia

I was furious when I read this article. Nancy Smith apparently has no clue that TSO has been a multiplayer online game for over 5 years. Where has she been, in a CAVE!!!!

K

Katheryne

I was furious when I read this article. Nancy Smith apparently has no clue that TSO has been a multiplayer online game for over 5 years. Where has she been, in a CAVE!!!!
I suspect it's far more nefarious than that. I think she's trying to rewrite history.

M

MonkeyPantz

Thats what I was thinking as well haha

S

Strike Black

I suspect it's far more nefarious than that. I think she's trying to rewrite history.
EA's current attitude towards TSO/EA-Land does seem very 1984-esque. :coco:

Unfortunately TSO's fanbase was small enough, in my opinion, for their "let's pretend it doesn't exist" plan to actually work. The only thing really stopping them is, well, us. :violin:

P

Polly

thank you for the links. Does this paper have an actual paper they put out or it is strictly online? I was trying to browse the rest of the site yesterday and only got error 404 for everything, but I figured I would try again later.
Yes Shari the Times is an actual paper - in fact it is our most serious and one of the more respected broadsheets. In other words, its not a tabloid paper known for its trashy and often dubious reporting.

I'm surprised that a reporter could get it so horribly wrong, with just a little research the facts should have been obvious.

Polly

R

rpsky3

I am sitting here really thinking what and where did this lady come from? We played this game for over 5 years and to her we never existed? please! I really can not state my feelings on this one! they need to come and interview us players and let us give them an earful! We are sims... We are here and we will be heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

Shari

Yes Shari the Times is an actual paper - in fact it is our most serious and one of the more respected broadsheets. In other words, its not a tabloid paper known for its trashy and often dubious reporting.

I'm surprised that a reporter could get it so horribly wrong, with just a little research the facts should have been obvious.

Polly
ok that is exactly what I wanted to know, I will write out an email myself this week when I get a chance.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish them all of the best of luck with this new "online version" of the Sims. Sounds like a good concept, although I can see them pulling the plug on the idea after 5 years. It would be so neato to chat with other people and even interact with them! I can see lots of scammers and cheaters. Hopefully the money cheat works so I can get lots of money and built the biggets house around! I hope its free, cuz I can't afford a monthly subscription.
<end sarcasm>

:lol: Silly journalists.

F

fajjaa

Whatever type of game EA comes up with, hopefully Luc knows what EA was planning and can get a game out on the market before (Nancy Smith). Doesnt that name sound like an EA customer service name? Hmmm, I was going to check the EA/blog for something and the blog is unavailable. I was wondering how Sarah worded her post about them not bothering us about the economy anymore, (or what her exact words were). Sarah seemed to be on the sideline and never really grasping the game she was supposedly working on. Just thought I would through a conspiracy theory out there.... Sarah+ Nancy Smith= ? :flame: I hope EA's next attempt fails at a (HHMMMM) online version of The Sims. Go faster Luc!

M

MARCIN2006

EA truely does suck, no wonder its stocks are falling. If only someone in charge actually listened maybe they could fire Nancy and actually build a fanbase.

So far EA is very unpopular thanks to most of there games, buyouts and actions.

I guess they want to Cover-Up their failed atempt at TSO, that must be part of the reason of the name change and cancellation.

P

Poppy Darling

I think these are the words you were trying to think off. Said by Sarah on April 8th 2008.

In the mean time we will try to not affect you (monetarily, emotionally, and otherwise!

C

CherryBomb

Don't get me started on that subject, fajjaa. I don't wanna get myself blacklisted.

CherryBomb

A

Aster

Sarah and Nancy Smith aren't the same person - Nancy is on the Board of Directors for EA and is in charge of the Sims label. To read more about Nancy Smith, click here.

To me, it sounded like the journalist didn't do his research and relied on a press release or 3rd party interview to pull his quotes, reinforcing what he had already decided to say.

C

Claudia MacCloud

I cant believe I just read what I read..... I had to read it over a few times...
I asked my cousin to read it too... And then simply asked

What was The Sims Online...?

They took our world away from us, and make an announcement they are bring another game out, worse, its the first one for the sims (right? Did i read that wrong?)

This has got to be a bad dream! :(

G

Greenfield

It is very obvious EA has wiped their hands of TSO/EALand. All we can do is act like smart informed consumers and vote with our wallets. I personally will never buy a EA product. I will also file a dispute with my Credit Card company about the monthly charges, after they told us no more billings. This will cause them to have fees for the disputes and if enough us dispute them, could cause their ongoing fees for card processing to increase. Copy the BLOG and send it to your credit card company, they lied and know who they billed after that date. If they really cared they could credit us without us contacting them. I wasn't bitter until i read the articles but now I will vote with my wallet and pen.

M

Milton

Since TSO apparently never existed, I wonder if I can't be my $1,450 in subscription fees over the past 5+ years refunded.

F

fajjaa

Since TSO apparently never existed, I wonder if I can't be my $1,450 in subscription fees over the past 5+ years refunded.

I dont even!! want to get my calculator out. That makes this article even that much more a slap in the face. Ive heard of cold hearted people before, but for her to deny that a game ever existed?? While knowing that in part, TSO subscriptions were paying her salary. Nothing else more needs to be said, EA sucks.