• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ChatGPT and Dall-E

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My daughter uses the paid version of these. She was showing us what they can do.

I would say ChatGPT is a search engine on steroids. It does not give you a list of websites, it combines the information into a usable format.

You have to make an account to use it but it is free.

We decided to see how this would help my wife at her job.
Put in: create a 5 day lesson plan for Romeo and Juliet for a freshman high school English class

Then go to DALL-E Free AI Image Generator | Powered by Dall-E

Type in: A scene from Romeo and Juliet Act 1.

Within minutes you have a very good starting point and relevant unique pictures to make a power point presentation with.

The more specific your prompt is, the better results you get.

For a student or teacher:
What are examples of alliteration in Romeo and Juliet. Gives results in both programs.

I asked for a lesson plan on series circuits, because I could write one of those.
It does give a very good format, you would have to add specific things to it.

Then lesson plan for Thevenin's theorem.
It did very well in a non specific way.

Then Calculating resonant frequency.
A very good result is displayed that I would have loved to add to a power point side, or in my case an overhead projector page.

I would have loved this when I taught electronics.

How does it know this stuff!?

I am impressed.

Last edited:

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I use chat GPT quite a bit. I used it to write a letter of interest for my recent promotion. I used it to generate a letter of resignation for a friend at work. It makes awesome work documents like that.

It's also good for when you need just random ideas. I'll ask it, "generate 10 titles for someone with a lot of money." Then I might use one for the project I'm working on.

Lastly, Chat GPT has a very good understanding of ServUO. I can literally say "make me an item with itemID 0x5436 that when double-clicked plays sound 0x54." GPT will then create a class that I can just drop in to a server and the item exists. Occasionally you have to change some stuff, but overall it does a pretty good job.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since I get checks from customers in the mail, this is pretty cool if it works.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya it works @Pawain

Sometimes a piece of mail will have a stock pic of mail if the picture fails