• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Chat Fade

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please tell me it's possible to stop the text in the chat box from fading out? It's such an irritating feature.. and despite the good sides of SA I'll just go back to 2D if I can't make the chat stay up permanently.

Also.. how do I make the Atlas smaller? I've got a 21 inch screen... running at 1680 by 1050... and it's taking up about 2/5ths of the screen. Can't seen to drag it smaller (same with the backpack, though I want that bigger).

H

HillBilly

Left click the little gem on your chat box and uncheck auto hide to disable the fade.

Atlas isnt independently resizable (yet?). You can adjust with the UI scale but it will resize all UI elements.

:)

EDIT: Oops, that disables the box from fading. Not sure if it does what you want it to. Its late. :p

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm, I think the setting I used to use for that came from a mod. . .

C

Cloak&Dagger

The UI elements can not be made any larger (ie the backpack) they can however be made smaller.

Perhaps an option for all UI elements to be independantly scaled with out a limit? It should not be *that* hard, but I suppose it would take some effort as scalling it larger will create a bit of an eye sore graphically. (tho it could also be fine, not sure really)

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Under the "User Settings"->"Options" tab, there's a "Overhead Chat Fade Delay". If you click the arrow to change the settings, you will see 5 secs, 10 sec, 30 secs and 1 mostly hidden option called "Forever". It's truncated by the menu, but it's there and you can click to select it.

H

HillBilly

1 minute, 5 minute and forever arent visible.

Chat still fades even with the forever setting :(

Reported as a bug. :thumbsup:

P

pgcd

Please tell me it's possible to stop the text in the chat box from fading out? It's such an irritating feature.. and despite the good sides of SA I'll just go back to 2D if I can't make the chat stay up permanently.
Right click on the orange icon just under the chat box, you can set auto hide and opacity there (if that is what you mean).