• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Charybdis fishing bait

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HI guys as a fishing reward after a quest i recieved a Charybdis fishing bait.. My question is where do i use it and what are the chances of finding the new high seas monster?
How rare is this bait as a fishing quest reward btw?

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off you will need to obtain the Oracle of the Seas spyglass fisher quest reward. Double clicking the oracle of the seas spyglass will give you coordinates to the location of the Charybdis boss. Sail to the coordinates given the same as you would to a sos location. Apply bait to pole and fish it up, it may take several bait uses to get him up. I would not try this alone. A small group of 4-6 people with ranged attacks and the ability to crossheal is the simplest way to go. Bring along required supplies to fix your ship as it will get scuttled. In a previous post below or on page 2 of this forum I have included some pics of the battle. The charybdis bait seems to be a lot more common as opposed to the spyglass. Now you just need the spyglass and you are in business. Good Luck hope that helps!

The Albatross/ Lord Aphid LS

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off you will need to obtain the Oracle of the Seas spyglass fisher quest reward. Double clicking the oracle of the seas spyglass will give you coordinates to the location of the Charybdis boss. Sail to the coordinates given the same as you would to a sos location. Apply bait to pole and fish it up, it may take several bait uses to get him up. I would not try this alone. A small group of 4-6 people with ranged attacks and the ability to crossheal is the simplest way to go. Bring along required supplies to fix your ship as it will get scuttled. In a previous post below or on page 2 of this forum I have included some pics of the battle. The charybdis bait seems to be a lot more common as opposed to the spyglass. Now you just need the spyglass and you are in business. Good Luck hope that helps!

The Albatross/ Lord Aphid LS
Thx alot! I will check out the thread of your battle against this bugger :)

D

DenAlton036

A group of us thought we were going to try but apparantly theres a 7 hour wait/time limit for the entire shard??? Any reasoning behind this...?

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think there is a 7 hour limit per shard because on LS me and a friend both have a spyglass and we are able to do 2 in a row just each location is from a different spyglass. I think the 7 hour cooldown period is for the individual spyglass. That does not mean that there are not some bugs with it though. But we have not had to wait 7 hours to do another using 2 different spyglasses. Not sure if the locations are static and it might be possible that you cannot get one from the same location assuming that they are set locations. So it is possible to do them back to back using 2 different spyglasses. But it makes no sense whatsoever for there to even be a 7 hour cooldown period on them. Baits arent endless for starters so I find it hard to believe they would be overfarmed. Way more time to get the things for Charybids as opposed to keys for other peerless and bosses who drop much nicer items. Good Luck!

D

DenAlton036

I dont think there is a 7 hour limit per shard because on LS me and a friend both have a spyglass and we are able to do 2 in a row just each location is from a different spyglass. I think the 7 hour cooldown period is for the individual spyglass. That does not mean that there are not some bugs with it though. But we have not had to wait 7 hours to do another using 2 different spyglasses. Not sure if the locations are static and it might be possible that you cannot get one from the same location assuming that they are set locations. So it is possible to do them back to back using 2 different spyglasses. But it makes no sense whatsoever for there to even be a 7 hour cooldown period on them. Baits arent endless for starters so I find it hard to believe they would be overfarmed. Way more time to get the things for Charybids as opposed to keys for other peerless and bosses who drop much nicer items. Good Luck!
Interesting, thank you for the info. I agree, with all thats involved in getting the darn thing up the cool down timer makes NO sense.