• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Charting MIBs on UOAM

N

nynyve

I've added the locations of MIBs via add labels.

Now how do I make all these MIBs visible on my map? They are not showing up when I use show labels.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Now how do I make all these MIBs visible on my map? They are not showing up when I use show labels.
Don't they automatically go on your map as a waypoint when you click on it?

Mine do.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

You need to make sure that you've activated the .map file containing the locations, in the settings of UOAM.

when you added the labels, you might have been adding them to a .map file that's not been "checked" in the preferences of which files to display on the map.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't they automatically go on your map as a waypoint when you click on it?

Mine do.
That's not a UOAM feature (UOAM is a classic client only accessory) - that's a feature of the Enhanced Client using one of the customized user interfaces.

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to jump in here Basara:
I never really used the EC much tbh, are you saying that with the EC (and picos I guess?) my mibs would show up as waypoints on the map and I could simply tell the tillerman to go to waypoint X?
If so I shall switch clients immediately (at least for mibs).
Thank you...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not sure which one it is, but there's a UI that when you click on the SOS scroll it ports the coordinates to the in-game map - at least, that's what I've been told. I've not tried it myself.

A

anna anomalous

just use the EC paired with pinco's custom UI

like said above, when opening an SOS it will put the waypoints on your map. i've put up to 30 on my map at once and just do them as i sail toward something.

WAY easier than UOAM or Cartographer.