• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

charge for changing CC ..

• Thread starter imported_rpsky3
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_rpsky3

Anyone know if there is a charge for changing the CC number on our EA accounts for our sims? i was charged 1.00 for each account that i had to update on the sims. I received an email that stated that they could not charge my account for the fee of 9.99 due to there being a problem, so i logged in to EA and found out that it was because of my CC had expired, no problem, only one just needed to be changed as the others were already charged for the month. anyways, as i logged into my bank statement today, i seen 5 1.00 charges for EA and was told that they were for changing CC numbers. Anyone else come across this??

(lol boy, being on mandatory bed rest has really made me bored and on these boards more.. lol i seem to find alot of things wrong with my accounts LOL)

G

Thats more a banking thing then an EA thing. When a company checks your card to make sure its valid they have to do whats called a pre charge, most companies do 1.00, when the actual charge is applied to your acct is changes to the correct amount. Some companies are awful about it, I once had a hotel pre charge me $400.00! Unfortunately whatever amount they try to authorize will hold your funds at the bank until the correct charge is applied. Dont worry its a perfectly normal way for banks to do things.

I

imported_rpsky3

thanks. i appreciate the reply. i will call my bank tomorrow and clarify. i know it is not much, but something to look into.