• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Character Transfer Bug Issue

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did a transfer to Yamato yesterday AND completed it.
Now I am getting "Character Transfer in Progress message".
I have paged a GM, but not sure how long it takes them nowadays.
It has been almost an hour. Should I email the powers to be?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I've emailed Mesanna about this before and she got it fixed pretty quick. Bad news is they probably can't do anything till Monday. GMs don't have the power to fix it, just pass it on up the chain.

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, I did page but no show. I emailed Mesanna so hopefully I will hear something.
I should be ok I hope, although it is weird since I had collected my belongings after completing the
transfer, and running around.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
That is weird. She told me before she would have someone unlock my account and in 20 minutes I was good to go. I have a feeling they are really good at this ;)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very often the GM does not show up for this but fixes and you get the little message icon on the top left of the screen saying "Fixed it have a great day" or atleast that is how it has worked for me in the last couple stuck transfers and has always been fixed within 30 min to a hour.

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never got a message but when I got on this morning I was able to log into Yamato but my
character was still on the original shard. So whatever it was it got fixed.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's no way a GM has that kinda access to your account. :) Just saying.
Sorry but GM River showed up the first time it happened to me. Asked what the problem was (I was logged on on another shard for the page as I could not log onto the shards being transferred to and from.) about 5 minutes later about 2 minutes later River reappears and says "All fixed" So either River fixed it or in that short time relayed the info and had someone else fix it (Which seems unlikely).

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very often the GM does not show up for this but fixes and you get the little message icon on the top left of the screen saying "Fixed it have a great day" or atleast that is how it has worked for me in the last couple stuck transfers and has always been fixed within 30 min to a hour.
What does one have to do to get a message?! All I get are canned emails.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What does one have to do to get a message?! All I get are canned emails.
No idea once in a blue moon I page a GM for something 3-4 times stuck transfers and 1 time to trying and get my character that is still partially in Factions fixed (Having ogre lords ignore you is nice until you are on a weaver/mage T hunter and RCs and EVs ignore the Ogre lords :) Gm spent like a hour trying to unbug that character and finally said he would have to forward it to the Dev team to figure out. almost 2 years later that character is still ignored by the Ogre Lords. Anyway my guess is that it comes down to how many pages are in their que and what the issue at hand is.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Sorry but GM River showed up the first time it happened to me. Asked what the problem was (I was logged on on another shard for the page as I could not log onto the shards being transferred to and from.) about 5 minutes later about 2 minutes later River reappears and says "All fixed" So either River fixed it or in that short time relayed the info and had someone else fix it (Which seems unlikely).
They have to bump it up the ladder. GMs simply don't have that kind of access to players accounts. It is a simple fix.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They have to bump it up the ladder. GMs simply don't have that kind of access to players accounts. It is a simple fix.
Whether they bump it up the ladder or not the GM atleast for me has been the most efficient way to get it fixed.