• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Character Profiles and Biographies.

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Not everyone I've met in RP has paperdolls in-game and the character restriction also limits details. I'm hoping this thread can serve the community as a hub for people to post or link their profiles from offsite forums.

A few suggestions for those new to rp:
Keep your in-game paperdoll profile limited to physical attributes (height, clothing style, etc), noticed conditions (pregnancy, walks with a limp, etc) or things that reasonably might be noticeable such as accent, mannerisms such as adverting gaze.

Do not include character history in paperdoll - that should be discovered through rp with that character or with other characters... the only exception is if you actually have your character's history pinned to your chest rply.

Guild tags are considered by many to be "badges" your character wears. If your character is a spy for another guild other than your own. Put a note in their profile saying that your character has no marks, badges, insignia reflecting your allegiance to the guild you are in, put a note on the paperdoll profile. You can't stop people from making other connections about your subterfuge, but I know as a player I will honor the non badges when it is on the paperdoll. Just make sure your character isn't wearing a recognizable uniform. Heh.

Be creative with your online profiles, whatever gives your character flavor or more detail. This is the place to hog-wild with whatever someone might notice about your character, include photos that resemble them, etc. Not only will this make rp more interesting for everyone meeting you, but it will help you flesh out your character, encourage your passion to play them and being consistent if you have a reference. Include photos, d

I keep a list of "rumors" (currently centered on Yew NPCs) on my online profiles. I figure this info is "fair game" for other rpers to hear talking to NPCs in that town and might further or enhance the interaction. Some of these rumors are true and some are false. Just like high school gossip, not everything people talk about is nice or correct. I will try to change update these as events occur with the characters to reflect new rumors. I would love to hear "rumors" about your characters as well.

I'm looking forward to hopefully others sharing their bios and seeing what a diverse rp community we have now!

Alira Drakrul
Lady Alira Drakrul

Cirilia Laeisae [Warning: Strong Language on this one]
Cirilia Laeisae

(Side note... anyone who frequents Yew, lives there, has an establishment etc is always welcome to put a bio up, stories etc and can request private or public forums to use for their guild or establishment - PM Me)

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
*shakes her head no* That would be Alira's handiwork. One of her many talents. She's just gracious enough to keep her bestie with her! *laughs*

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Actually as flattering as it is, it is totally just a template available at Create a free forum | FORUMOTION. Out of all the free forums, I liked their admin features the best. The only thing I did was edit the templates default logo and put in the text.

Public forums are open to Yew and Non-Yew to share stories, bios, whatever etc. Yew Guilds or establishments (or "nearby") can have public/private forums with someone in charge of their private permission group additions and moderators of their choosing over them. I'm still working out all the kinks so be patient with me... I'm old now.