• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Character Customization (image)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Recently was asked about character customization because most of my girls look pretty much the same.
I found this screenshot on the internet. It shows some of the variety.
I do plan on making a collage of my own very soon to show some of the customization features. I think you'd enjoy seeing them. I just haven't had a chance or the energy.
Keep in mind this picture was not made by me and not all of them are the prettiest girls (lol) but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and stuff...
I wish we had TheGrimmOmen working on TSW! :heart:
Anyhow here's an example of a few mix and match choices:

H

HCarp0927

Yeah there is a big and lively thread on the official forums (which is closed to registration, doesn't say "you must have an active paid account," just says, "the administrator has disabled registration") about how many people find the hair and clothing options woefully inadequate and insufficient. I have to say I kind of agree. If no hardware engine will support what many people are clamoring so desperately for, then in my belief, FunCom should not have advertised having that much customization, nor advertised so hard on the kind of character models (on the box, all images, etc, such as the long blonde haired Templar female with the twin pistols) that aren't available in the game.

I understand we need to give FC time and patience and stuff, but I think they pushed a little hard in claiming the game had more than it's turned out to have. It's still an interesting game, I'd just have been more "on their side" on the whole hair/clothes issue if they didn't make it sound like they had so much more, NOW, than they really do.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Keep in mind they did say they'd be implementing a sort of plastic surgeon type of service sometime in the near future.
I come from Ultima Online with absolutely no character customization whatsoever so this for me is adequate.