• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Character creation

W

Wolfways

A week ago i bought the 7th character slot upgrade and was messing about with character creation when i accidentally created a character.
So i waited a week, deleted the character and created a human mage that i actually wanted (Yes i did check before creating the character).

Finally ingame i was ready to play when i realised that my human was wearing an elf robe. Of course my character is an elf...

7 hours waiting for a gm later i'm told to report it as a bug...and that's it?!
Now i have to try to complete the elf to human quest as i'm not waiting another week because the game screwed up :cursing:

Never heard this bug mentioned before but check your race before playing a new character.

T

TheGrayGhost

A week ago i bought the 7th character slot upgrade and was messing about with character creation when i accidentally created a character.
So i waited a week, deleted the character and created a human mage that i actually wanted (Yes i did check before creating the character).

Finally ingame i was ready to play when i realised that my human was wearing an elf robe. Of course my character is an elf...

7 hours waiting for a gm later i'm told to report it as a bug...and that's it?!
Now i have to try to complete the elf to human quest as i'm not waiting another week because the game screwed up :cursing:

Never heard this bug mentioned before but check your race before playing a new character.

Yeah, I posted about it a week ago or so lol. Human gives you Elven and Elven gives you Human currently in SA client. I tried several times on TC1 to make sure it wasn't me lol.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=148935

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Same thing happened to me. I talked to a GM about it - he told me to email the devs. Hope they fix this...really annoying that I have to wait a week to my a new toon.

W

Wolfways

I'm working my elf char up a bit so hopefully i'll be able to do the elf-to-human quest in under a week :coco:

You'd think that they'd get this fixed asap though...it's kind of important to get the right race, especially as you have to wait a week to do it again.

T

TheGrayGhost

I'm working my elf char up a bit so hopefully i'll be able to do the elf-to-human quest in under a week :coco:

You'd think that they'd get this fixed asap though...it's kind of important to get the right race, especially as you have to wait a week to do it again.
What amazes me is there is no posted warning anywhere lol. A bug like that should be fixed fast, but there really should be something where people are able to see it letting everyone know that there switched for the time being. A Week or a one time deal quest, be a bad day for someone that decided later they wanted to switch back lol.

F

Fink

Perhaps we need a "Warning: Before Using SA.." thread that mentions fundamentally screwed-up things like this, another timely warning being that it eats your character profile information.

W

Wolfways

Tbh i don't think there should be a need for a warning...it should be fixed now!
At the very least GM's should have the ability to change a new characters race until it's fixed.
Waiting for a week isn't fun and the elf to human quest is way too hard for a new character.

F

Fink

They have to patch these things on a cycle otherwise they'd be tearing down the client every day to fix things in a piecemeal fashion. Plus they'd be shooting memos every 5 minutes to QA.

T

TheGrayGhost

Perhaps we need a "Warning: Before Using SA.." thread that mentions fundamentally screwed-up things like this, another timely warning being that it eats your character profile information.
I think this is best atm giving others a warning about issues they have found.

The Char Creation bug
The Profile bug
The Crashing from mounting a giant beetle with it's pack open bug.

And any others people come across.

/signed For a "Warning: Before using SA" sticky.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone create me a thread along those lines with the major caveats bullet pointed, and I'll sticky it.

T

TheGrayGhost

Someone create me a thread along those lines with the major caveats bullet pointed, and I'll sticky it.
Done, thread is titled "Warning: Things you should know before playing SA!" If there is a way to edit the title I think it would be better for it to say Warning: Things you should know before using the SA client!"