• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Character copy Q

• Thread starter Tox The Murder
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Tox The Murder

Just a few questions.

If i transfer a person from atl to TC1 and sometime in the future i choose to delete him nothing with change on the atl char right?

How much stuff will go with him to tc1?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tried this for the first time just a week ago, or so.

If you have ever done a shard to shard transfer, this works almost the exact same way... only you are not removing your guy from your shard. Everything he or she is (skills, looks, style, name) what you are riding, everything in your backpack & stable... even if you are on a loaded blue beetle. Its copied! Nothing is deleted from the real shard.

Just like if you place a house on the test shard... it doesn't effect your real house. This copy of your guy has no effect on your real guy.

Tell you though... this was 1000% more helpful in testing then the old way. As much rubbish as your test bank can be filled with from a few typed words... they miss the most needed things only this copy can give you. Include: RUNEBOOKS, full and funtional suits of your choice, and things like stone so you can do stone work like from the booster. :pint:

T

Tox The Murder

?Alright tyvm. just wanted to make sure i didn't screw up my atl chars. :)

LlamaOnDrugs

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick question, does this process consume a char transfer token? Or am I missing something obvious?

T

Tazar

No Transfer Token Needed. If I understand it all correctly, this is not a transfer - instead it will copy a character, with his worn items, backpack, bank, and stables to the Test Center so that you can test things with your actual set-up so that you don't have to spend time crafting armor, etc. to start testing.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
yes it makes a exact copy of everything except your house and the items in it