• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chaos element weps

JustMe

Adventurer
I was crafting 100% elemental website for my sampire, and got a few chaos damage ones. Anyone know what these might be good for hunting?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Not particularly desirable. I use mine as training weapons or for level 1 repond spawn fighting the slimes.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think I read somewhere once that they can be good when fighting against Anon.

Overall, chaos damage seems inefficient. If I’m going to fight a bunch of stuff and I am prepared, I’d have elemental weapons of different kinds to kill specific creatures and just make macros to equip each one.

That said, I do kind of like chaos weapons anyway. Sometimes I’ll hunt with a less efficient setup just to see how it goes or to give myself a little extra challenge.

Dimax

Adventurer
Professional
Supporter
I was crafting 100% elemental website for my sampire, and got a few chaos damage ones. Anyone know what these might be good for hunting?
dvv is correct, use this on the Roof when fighting Anon, none of the forms he changes to can use the Chaos element against you, there is a guy on u tube Rabid Sniper that discusses making elemental weapons.
The uoguide discusses how Anon fights and changes form.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Old thread but I’ll chime In

Anon changes to the damage you are using. Chaos is just a random element each time. It is not an element itself. So it’s convenient to use chaos damage only because you don’t need to switch weapons.

But since it is random element each time you have a 20% chance that you’ll deal the damage that his form is immune to.

The more efficient way to fight Anon is carry two weapons and just swap back and forth. Not horribly hard to do.

Grugot

Journeyman
dvv is correct, use this on the Roof when fighting Anon, none of the forms he changes to can use the Chaos element against you, there is a guy on u tube Rabid Sniper that discusses making elemental weapons.
The uoguide discusses how Anon fights and changes form.
I like Rabid Sniper's videos but some of his advice isn't correct, or there are better ways. Good starter videos though and he does a great job of explaining things.