• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chaos Damage elemental weapon?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
under what circumstance would you want a Chaos Elemental Weapon?

i was just re-doing my doom weapons and made a 100% Chaos Black Staff and i was gonna garbage it but kept it just in case.
i then went and did some vendor searches and saw some guys have 100% Chaos weapons all did up and are charging a good coin for them.

if im not mistaken the Chaos weapon will randomly hit between any of the 5 elemental damages on each hit, yes?

so why would this or when would this be desirable??

on the same lines, i see the Dark Father is listed as having 30 in each resistance.
so would a Chaos Weapon be good against a Dark Father seeing as all his resists are the same across the board?... or i guess on par with say a 100% fire or cold weapon?

just trying to get this straight in my head.

on the same lines what are people putting towards what super slayer?

im assuming the following:
Reptile - Cold - 2nd choice Energy
Undead - Fire
Demon - Cold
Arachnid - Fire - 2nd choice Energy
Elemental - Fire
Repond - Nox - 2nd choice Cold
Fey - Fire

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I tend to have better luck with 100% energy as an "all around " Repond slayer. But that's just me. LOL Also, for what it's worth, I don't use chaos damage weapons at all.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chaos is pretty much Garbage. Since the damage type is random.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Chaos is pretty much only good when your opponent's resists are roughly equal.

Honestly, it's kind of a waste when crafting/reforging. I keep them as well though :p

It would be nice if the devs gave the property some sort of useful bonus.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chaos is pretty much Garbage. Since the damage type is random.
I agree with this.

You want to consider any debuffs that you may use. IE if you regularly corpse skin a target, their fire drops. So that currently equal resists is now low in fire and poison.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A real stretch, but I recall some ter mur spawn that seems to have a randomly assigned 100% resist. A chaos weapon will therefore not always hit for 0, but only sometimes.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was trying to be "polite" but ya, if I craft some while making 100% elemental damage weapons I just either unravel or smelt them back into ingots. Not worth keeping.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chaos works well with Event boss mobs that have been "tweaked" beforehand and the players dont know about untill it spawns. ;)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
bit would a 100% Chaos weapon not work good against the Dark Father since his resists are 30% in each across the board?
so it wouldnt matter which one it hit on they would all hit the same - no?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
and was my super slayer list right?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
bit would a 100% Chaos weapon not work good against the Dark Father since his resists are 30% in each across the board?
They are no longer 30% across the board and you want your damage to be of one definite type so you can onslaught and DS it to death.
100% Chaos weapons pretty much deny the onslaught advantage.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
100% sure. Used one at Blackthorn Balrons. Lots of times I dealt 0 damage to it because it dealt poison damage and the balrons have 100% poison resist.
And the damage would fluctuate heavily because it would deal physical or fire damage at times, and the balron has high resists on those too. Hitting for 120 in one tick and 30 on the next is pretty solid proof that it is picking a damage type at random.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd go with 100% Fire Damage on a Dark Father weapon. Not only because of Corpse Skin, but also because a lot of his spawn are weak to Fire, so a 100% Fire Whirlwind weapon would mess them up.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'd go with 100% Fire Damage on a Dark Father weapon. Not only because of Corpse Skin, but also because a lot of his spawn are weak to Fire, so a 100% Fire Whirlwind weapon would mess them up.
that works!
i made a mess of black staffs and got a bunch of 100% fire ones so ill follow your lead and go with that.
makes sense too with the undead spawn.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I wish they would make some significant monster (or dungeon) vulnerable to Chaos Damage. Something like the Blackthorn Captains in addition to the hit spell double damage.