• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Changing The Enhanced Client Map

C

CheesePlant

I was wondering if you can replace the map graphic in the Enhanced Client?

Someone suggested altering facet0x.dds but the file doesn't existing and the other .dds and .uop files won't open in Photoshop.

Changing trammel.jpg inside the main EC folder doesn't change the graphic either.

Has anyone managed to do it, or know how to do it?

C

CheesePlant

I want to make a better higher quality map. It won't be as detailed as the existing map but thats one reason why I think it looks so bad.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can't do that, and the jpg files are part of my UI :p

the dds files of the map can be edited, but if you do that the game won't read it anymore.

C

CheesePlant

How does your UI use the trammel.jpg, I've edited it and don't see any change in game?

Its a massive shame I can't change the map image... maybe I need to look at changing the UO Cart image, is that even possible?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does your UI use the trammel.jpg, I've edited it and don't see any change in game?

Its a massive shame I can't change the map image... maybe I need to look at changing the UO Cart image, is that even possible?
it's a file used by EC Playsound not by the game....

About uo cart I can't help you since I don't know if it picks the image from the game folder or uses an image file... I don't use uo cart at all :D