• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Changing a Pet Name in SA

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, I can change a pet name in 2D.

I can change a Pet Name in KR and even get the extra words.

I try to change a pet name in SA and ... nothing.

Some of the Gumps either have very special hot spots I can not find or they truly can not do keyboard entry.

The Pet Gump seems to be limited to the first 3 letters ...

Is this just a Beta Artifact?

W

wee papa smurf

Sorry i got it wrong, when have a pet you should get a little bar like in the pic...

View attachment 1954

Just left click on your pet name and you should be able to change it :thumbsup:

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah that is the Pet Gump I was speaking of.

I click in that and all parts of the name but the first 3 characters are erased.

Backspace does not work. If I click in the very left side of the text box, then I can press the Del key and delete the 3 Characters. I can even type in 3 Replacement Characters.

I can not do anything more than the above, in that Gump (aka Window)

P

pgcd

He he, I have started that client 2 dozen+ times and over that course I get exactly the same results every single time.
Could it be because you deselect the text in the input box? Try clicking, then pressing shift+end, and then delete -that way yhe whole text should be erased and you should be able to enter a new name.