• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Healing] Changes to skill gain?

• Thread starter The Doctor
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

The Doctor

I've returned after a couple of years and it seems that there may have been some changes to gaining skill in healing?

I've read that 8x8 no longer works, but for the last couple of weeks, I have gained nothing but GGS .1 when working the skill from the previous level just short of GM. My character is at 98.1.

I have tried resurrecting ghosts, both in training mode (ie moving on a boat with the same ghost being healed each time) and at dungeons where I resurrect others in the heat of battle. I have also healed personal and other's damage in the normal way.

Nothing. Several thousand bandages and some hours and not a single gain outside GGS.

Is there something I've missed or should be doing differently?

Many thanks in advance.

J

[JD]

make sure you have points available to go in the skill or some other skill is set to train down while you train heal up.

there is a better way to do healing> stone on necromancy and go into lich form. works best on elf or garg since human has innate +2hp regen, however, you can pretty much bandage yourself every few seconds and it will raise. it DOES take a long time to train

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you used a healing powerscroll? Sometimes a higher skill cap helps with your gains. You could also try drinking poison and curing yourself.

T

The Doctor

Thank you both for your suggestions.

It seems that nothing fundamental has changed, so I will persevere and try the poison or self-healing route. The powerscroll idea might be one to try too.

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

F

Faux Pas

You better have lots of gold to buy that scroll with, that is if you can find one. :p

T

The Doctor

You better have lots of gold to buy that scroll with, that is if you can find one. :p
Hmm. It doesn't appear to be the case on Europa.

The average price seems to be 495k for a 120 Healing scroll which is far less that the more "popular" powerscrolls which retail in the low millions. The only skill I have seen cheaper is Chivalry.

I got one for 295k in a backwoods shop. Hasn't done my skill gain any good though. :sad3: