• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Changes to mining that effected another area that wasn't addressed

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Adventurer
O.k. I know the randomizing of ore and wood locations was to deter scripters and that is all well and good, but there is an effect that hasn't been addressed. That is, that now it is impossible to go out and mine up granite colors you want to make items. While this might seem to be a small overlooked point, it is compounded by the fact you can't stack granite. This means it is basically impossible to run any kind of granite vendor and keep it even decently stocked unless you dedicate a whole house to stocking granite. When granite was obtainable in specific areas, it was not impossible to just look and see you needed shadow and hop around to all your marked shadow locals for a few hours and dig up enough granite to refill your depleted shadow items. Imagine how impossible it is now to run a granite vendor. PLEASE consider this seriously and allow us to stack granite so that it will balance out the huge difficulty added to this profession with the changes to mining. Wood, ore and every other supply other than sand is stackable and I don't see why even sand and granite (especially now) should be unstackable.

Hunter Moon

G

It's been addresed. Jeremy knows all about the granite issues. She even mentioned it at the town hall.