• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Changes, so many changes...

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Recently I gave in to curiosity and reactivated one of my accounts.

I've been pottering around the past couple of nights and it's amazing how much has changed in the last 5 years, since I was last actively playing.

To me the game is still as beautiful as ever, even if it does seem a lot quieter. It's amazing to me that the game I started playing in 1999, when I was 16 is still alive.

I have a few questions, maybe some of you guys won't mind giving me some answers.

- I see they have implemented a global vendor search has this hindered the merchant/buy low sell high play style? If so, to what degree?

- Do people still solo Peerless bosses like they did 5 years ago using Vamp/Bushido or have some of those skillsets been aletered/nerfed?

- I notice the artifacts I was using from Factions on some chars are now gone. Those items were pretty gimp. What's the best way to get them replaced without having unlimited money to spend?

Ahh, how did I manage to screw up the exit process where I ended up losing most of my money and a shed load of high end items :)

Thanks

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- Do people still solo Peerless bosses like they did 5 years ago using Vamp/Bushido or have some of those skillsets been aletered/nerfed?
Yup. Template has changed a bit I'm sure (you have to have necro 99 at all times to maintain VE), but sampires are still very much a thing. Pretty much your "basic" melee end game character set up. There are more powerful builds now, though.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran

I've been pottering around the past couple of nights and it's amazing how much has changed in the last 5 years, since I was last actively playing.

To me the game is still as beautiful as ever, even if it does seem a lot quieter. It's amazing to me that the game I started playing in 1999, when I was 16 is still alive.

I have a few questions, maybe some of you guys won't mind giving me some answers.

- I see they have implemented a global vendor search has this hindered the merchant/buy low sell high play style? If so, to what degree?

- I notice the artifacts I was using from Factions on some chars are now gone. Those items were pretty gimp. What's the best way to get them replaced without having unlimited money to spend?

Ahh, how did I manage to screw up the exit process where I ended up losing most of my money and a shed load of high end items :)

Thanks
I'll just address vendor search. Yes now you can see everything for sale in the game from the couch in your castle. Which is awesome. Kinda like Amazon ;) Use to be if you didn't have a Luna vendor you missed out on a ton of sales. Now you can have a vendor shop on Avatar Island and get as much traffic as anyone. There are still deals on vendor search if you spend time with it. I found an item lately that was probably mispriced at 1.5 mill I sold for 18 mill quickly... so there ya go. Overall I think it has brought down some prices and made them more reasonable. Some people do inflate their prices on the less populated shards because they'll probably be the only one on the shard offering it. But that's not because of vendor search. The best search tip I have is this. Set the search from high to low or low to high. I usually go high to low. In the search bar where you type in the item you want just hit the space bar once. then press search. It will start listing everything on the shard. I find a lot of stuff that way I never would have thought to search for. But I'm a rares guy so this really works great for me.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As far as gold, you might still have it in a bank account, just no more physical checks. Click on banker or call up insurance menu to check your account balance. All characters on an account share the same money now

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup. Template has changed a bit I'm sure (you have to have necro 99 at all times to maintain VE), but sampires are still very much a thing. Pretty much your "basic" melee end game character set up. There are more powerful builds now, though.
Yeah, the 99 Necro was a thing before I quit, my sampire has 100 :) Thanks

I'll just address vendor search. Yes now you can see everything for sale in the game from the couch in your castle. Which is awesome. Kinda like Amazon ;) Use to be if you didn't have a Luna vendor you missed out on a ton of sales. Now you can have a vendor shop on Avatar Island and get as much traffic as anyone. There are still deals on vendor search if you spend time with it. I found an item lately that was probably mispriced at 1.5 mill I sold for 18 mill quickly... so there ya go. Overall I think it has brought down some prices and made them more reasonable. Some people do inflate their prices on the less populated shards because they'll probably be the only one on the shard offering it. But that's not because of vendor search. The best search tip I have is this. Set the search from high to low or low to high. I usually go high to low. In the search bar where you type in the item you want just hit the space bar once. then press search. It will start listing everything on the shard. I find a lot of stuff that way I never would have thought to search for. But I'm a rares guy so this really works great for me.
Wow, awesome tip, thanks!

As far as gold, you might still have it in a bank account, just no more physical checks. Click on banker or call up insurance menu to check your account balance. All characters on an account share the same money now
I think I lost the majority of my money in my house which I can't understand, because I vaguely remember moving all valuables and money to the bank, but now when I check most of it's gone and I've got a balance of like 4m. It was a long time ago though so who knows.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
don't forget to do the new exodus boss and get a +5 scroll

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
id have to argue the opposite. before vendor search you could find deals if you new the local shops. now a buyer / seller can go in and just clear out any cheaply priced items and raise them easily. yes, once in a while theres an under-priced item but on shards like atlc they wont last very long.
Well this exact same thing actually happened with me. I was selling full rune books with several properties on them for what I thought was fairly cheap. My thought was it would be new players buying them and I'd make them reasonable. I got completely bought out several times. I did notice they were being sold on other vendor for as much as 6X the price. I didn't get mad. I didn't get disappointed. I just kept churning out new ones with numerous properties for the same price. People aren't buying my vendor out anymore now they're stuck with a ton of over priced rune books ;)

Now while you might think your paying more at times trust me the trade off is worth it. I actually sell stuff regularly now. In general I make more cause I sell more. Not because I charge more. Yes I did practically have to give stuff away to get traffic before vendor search and all the the traffic I got was the same resellers. The general public still got ripped off. If there's one or two uber rares for sale people can manipulate the market a bit. But if your dealing with anything that spawns the prices tend to keep coming down. At some point trying to buy all the "taint", "white pearls", or whatever in the game is just going to be impossible and they'll have to give up. It can't be done.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
right, for things with un-limited supply thats true. my description was more for things that are easily bought out but not easily replaced. hair dyes. high-end arties. not common items where supply is unlimited.

it does come down to things being easier for sellers, but it amazes me how a well placed luna vendor still is best. things often sell for 30percent higher in a high profile vendor even when theres much cheaper on search. So maybe the guy was still turning a profit selling your rune-books. who knows. plus with how un-reliable vendor search can be, ill still always have to have all my vendors in luna. it would be nice to have them at the house, but just not worth the losses.
Trust me if I can get a Luna house I will lol. Vendor search does have it's quirks. But it's ok. I like it better than piling runes up at the bank every few days. It never fails to amaze me how many people still have no clue vendor search even exists. Or that it gives you a map. Just this week I had a guy who wanted me to gate him to my vendor for something he found on search. I put it in chat a few things I had just vendored up and he did the search and found it but wasn't sure if he could find the place. He spent like 20 mill so I assume the he wasn't put off by the 1000 gold piece map.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Game sure has changed a lot... If you're into buying and reselling, you could probably make a decent income off of that. There are always people posting things on their vendors without any idea of what someone would pay for it... I've picked things up for 10m and resold for 400m before. And if you had access to shard shield tokens, you could perform a little Margin trading between Atl and EU/Asian servers... There are things commonly used and farmed over on those servers, especially the asian servers, that aren't even thought of on NA servers that people wouldn't mind buying and using, but cannot be bothered to farm for themselves.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

. . . Ahh, how did I manage to screw up the exit process where I ended up losing most of my money and a shed load of high end items [BCOLOR=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:)[/BCOLOR]

Thanks
Perhaps you just reactivated the wrong account? If you had multiple accounts, you may have loaded up a different one. Just a thought.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good news is the Peerless hasn't changed 1% thats also the bad news it hasn't changed!

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You also have to log in all your characters to get the amount of gold they have added to the total on the account.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Peerless have changed.
Now the keys last 7 days when you gather them, making it easier to set up a few runs, but also, since Time of Legends they have been buffed up.
It seems all of them have at least 130 wrestling now, so don't get too surprised if previous punching bag Dreadhorn hands your butt to you now. They are still soloable, but you need to be a bit more careful.

Edit:
Oh, and more important. You want to have non medable studded or metal armour on your sampire now.

Last edited: