• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Changes coming to Test Center

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • All pets which have been exploited by releasing or death will have the following stats reset and incur a penalty to their advanced pet training.
    • Strength, intelligence, dexterity, hit points, stamina, mana, base damage, and all resists will be reset to defaults.
  • Pet Training: Pre-Publish 97 & Store pets that start Animal Training may have their pet slots updated based on their pet strength and will be given a warning before proceeding. Pets will no longer be able to start training if it will result in the pet being over the max cap.
  • Pet Training AI: Poison AIs now properly use the poisoning skill of the pet.
  • Pet Training AI: Discordance AI can no longer target itself.
  • Pet Training: Cold Wind now uses its correct cost to apply the AI.
  • Pet Training: The Windrunner’s max pet slot has been increased to 4 which will be consistent with other store mounts providing two levels of animal training.
  • Pet Training: Reordered Special Move list.
  • Pet Training: Corrected issue where selecting Special Abilities would prevent the selection of magical abilities.
  • The Animal Lore gump now properly shows skill caps in both clients.
  • Pet AI: Improved Dragon AI target selection for Greater Dragons, Dragon Turtles, and Frost Dragons.
  • Pet AI: Added visual effects for the following abilities: Angry Fire, Cold Wind, and Raging Breath.
  • Pet AI: Scaled up damage on the following special moves: Cold Wind, Steal Life, and Raging Breath.
  • Pet AI: Conductive Blast now deals damage after the resistance de-buff is applied.
  • Pet AI: Lighting Force’s stun is no longer guaranteed to trigger, and the stun chance can be reduced by the target’s Resisting Spells skill.
  • Pet AI: Repel no longer triggers mana cost when already under the effect of Repel.

Poisoning changes

Cold wind and life steal might work

I hope they meant angry fire will do damage now.

Conductive blast will be changed

Repel may work....

Neton

Journeyman
how would that affect PP pets with overcapped stats and/or incorrect slots? Any difference whether it started the training or not?

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
That with the pre patch has me wondering what will happen with my 2 PP mares.

With mention of steal life possibly getting fixed, perhaps my cu with steal life might be ok?

DeadThing

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I read the PP bullet to mean that if you start training, if the pet's str is high enough it will jump an extra slot to make it more in line with the post pub97 pets (and you will be warned if this is going to happen). And if that adjustment would make them a 5 slot, then that's the end of it. What that means for already trained PP pets....I don't know. It sounds like for now, it's only affecting future training.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So in essence its going to create even more value for PP pets that are already trained. Brilliant. o_O:rolleyes:

Zenivs

Visitor
I have a PP Mare, Bane Dragon & White Wyrm all untrained and I’m also a fresh returning player.

What should I do? I certainly cannot afford the scrolls they deserve, help!

Neton

Journeyman
so it seems the upcoming fix will nerf the exploited pets back to "default". for untrained PP pets, slots will be adjusted back on the strength and no mention on trained PP pets.

so what PP pets that have strength that could result in a higher slot number? Nightmare, WW, 3 slot dragon. anymore?

but what about Dreadmare? i think it should not be affected because it isnt an overcapped pet. but we will need to find out in TC1 to be sure

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a PP Mare, Bane Dragon & White Wyrm all untrained and I’m also a fresh returning player.

What should I do? I certainly cannot afford the scrolls they deserve, help!
Train them until the very last stage leaving enough points to apply scrolls (for when you do have money). Post your training plan here before doing it.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Dont read the patch notes to mean ANYTHING until it's been thoroughly tested on test center and people come back here with factual information. Once it's been tested then tamers can decide what to do. Im saying this as an owner to well over 50 prepatch pets. This could be, again, a target to prepatch dragons, or it could be all prepatch pets. Their patch notes are often vague and misleading.

Also, I would advise not to rush to train your prepatch pets until the information comes out. Rushing is when mistakes happen, especially if you are not experienced with the training system.

Last edited:

Neton

Journeyman
Dont read the patch notes to mean ANYTHING until it's been thoroughly tested on test center and people come back here with factual information. Once it's been tested then tamers can decide what to do. Im saying this as an owner to well over 50 prepatch pets. This could be, again, a target to prepatch dragons, or it could be all prepatch pets. Their patch notes are often vague and misleading.
very true and i m preparing to character copy to TC1 to test out my pp pets

Zenivs

Visitor

Also, I would advise not to rush to train your prepatch pets until the information comes out. Rushing is when mistakes happen, especially if you are not experienced with the training system.
Sounds good. I have absolutely no idea how to train my 3 slot Bane Dragon... hope this is not too off topic, but anyone has any experience with one? Eventually want it as a AOE pet for champ spawns.

DeadThing

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You know I didn't even think of the trained pre-patch pets as "exploited" I was thinking of the "double health" pets I'd heard about.

Zenivs

Visitor
You know I didn't even think of the trained pre-patch pets as "exploited" I was thinking of the "double health" pets I'd heard about.
I think they meant the exploited pets and the pre pub97 pets as different things. At least thats the way I interpreted it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Khaelor will let us know about the pp pets. The devs love to be vauge and not tell us exactly what they have in mind.

Let him be chicken little.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would be nice if the changes allowed some different special choices. A cu getting AI and something different.

Hiryu getting 2 choices. Nightmare and others with breath getting 2 choices.

That could keep us busy until october.:cheerleader:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The sky is falling. The sky is falling.

Well not really.

As suspected, a majority the prepatch talk is about old untrained Dragons. When you start to train them, you get a warning and they immediately jump up to 4 slots. If they are currently trained through 3 slot on live and started training into 4 (what alot of people did before patch 99), they are able to be fully trained. I have not seen any revert issues with the fully trained dragons, yet.

Prepatch legacy nightmares, wyrms, dreads, bakes, and banes are training without problem, i have not seen issues with them reverting yet, still testing

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I still say the biggest fix that BS could do to stop that sort of exploiting (though it wouldn't fix the already broken ones) would be simply to remove the stat/skill loss from the "pet released/Pet goes Wild then is retamed" code.

If the pet wouldn't suddenly go stupid from going wild and retamed (especially if retamed by the same tamer), the exploits would not have occurred, and a lot of grief could be avoided for the legit tamers that have to work up a pet because an area with funky LOS results in ignored commands and pets going wild.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Changes to Special Move list order:

Live Order:

New Order:

Not sure why they did this, but at least Armor Ignore and Armor Pierce aren't next to each other anymore.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I still say the biggest fix that BS could do to stop that sort of exploiting (though it wouldn't fix the already broken ones) would be simply to remove the stat/skill loss from the "pet released/Pet goes Wild then is retamed" code.

If the pet wouldn't suddenly go stupid from going wild and retamed (especially if retamed by the same tamer), the exploits would not have occurred, and a lot of grief could be avoided for the legit tamers that have to work up a pet because an area with funky LOS results in ignored commands and pets going wild.
There were multiple exploits. That was just one.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The sky is falling. The sky is falling.

Well not really.

As suspected, a majority the prepatch talk is about old untrained Dragons. When you start to train them, you get a warning and they immediately jump up to 4 slots. If they are currently trained through 3 slot on live and started training into 4 (what alot of people did before patch 99), they are able to be fully trained. I have not seen any revert issues with the fully trained dragons, yet.

Prepatch legacy nightmares, wyrms, dreads, bakes, and banes are training without problem, i have not seen issues with them reverting yet, still testing
So the pp nightmares are still 2 slots?

Are old Cus still 4 slot? Maybe they put them at 3?

Also check un touchrd banes, someone asked earlier.

Thanks. Still at work...

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So the pp nightmares are still 2 slots?

Are old Cus still 4 slot? Maybe they put them at 3?

Also check un touchrd banes, someone asked earlier.

Thanks. Still at work...
As i said, PP nightmares are training without a problem, meaning they are going from 2-5.

We have no 4 slot CU to test currently, trying to get ahold of one.

As my post said, "Prepatch legacy nightmares, wyrms, dreads, bakes, and banes are training without problem."

They are keeping their legacy pet slots and training without a problem.

The issue only currently appears to be with untrained legacy dragons.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Not going to be on much the next few days... But jumped on long enough to see my beetle firing lvl 5 poison... glad they are listing to the testers and making such grand changes as listed above.. keep up the good work all .. =^-^=

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not going to be on much the next few days... But jumped on long enough to see my beetle firing lvl 5 poison... glad they are listing to the testers and making such grand changes as listed above.. keep up the good work all .. =^-^=
Anyone has a trained Rune beetle with legendary poisoning to see if it scales above 100?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Cold Wind change:

10 initial Damage, 5 ticks of 14 damage, for 80 damage total against 0 resists.
Below is how it looks on EC:

Raging Breath change:

25 Initial Damage, 10 ticks of 10 damage, for 125 total damage against 0 resists:
Graphic on EC:

Steal Life change:
45 Initial Damage, 5 ticks of 5 damage, for 70 total damage against 0 resists.
Does not appear to be a graphic for the move.

Last edited:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hey rail.. I have one.. Your question made me log on and check... lol... my rune beetle is 120.9 poison.. so far just steady streams of Target begins to spasm uncontrollably or lvl 5 poison/lethal.. I only killed about 10-15 things.. I will do more steady test on it.. and on monsters with strong and weaker poison rs to see what I can see.. =^-^=
P.s. Poison on non poison born pets going from ~5-10% maximum HP per 3 seconds.(standard) to ~16-33% maximum HP per 5 seconds(lethal). still has me pretty pumped.. will test more when I can =^-^=

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Prepatch legacy nightmares, wyrms, dreads, bakes, and banes are training without problem."
The slot part is what I was wondering about. But the training part is also nice :p
Thanks for the answer.

So what did this do to legacy pet slots? Hope its the Cus!!!

Im trying to find one. But we train stuff on LS.

Margarita night so I wont be on long.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you test aura of Nausea on that dummy? or droid? Ill drink a margarita for you if you do.

:Begging:

I think thats a good AoE. It should be at that cost!

Add that chart to the stick training thread also. :)

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Can you test aura of Nausea on that dummy? or droid? Ill drink a margarita for you if you do.

:Begging:

I think thats a good AoE. It should be at that cost!

Add that chart to the stick training thread also. :)
Can't. The Drones are all in the guard zone, so no aoe's work (including FWW). We tried to get Bleak to create one outside of town, but haven't caught him online since earlier today.

Zenivs

Visitor
Thanks everyone for the amazing effort. And Khaelor especially for your help testing the mares and banes training. Will be keeping an close eye on this thread!

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey rail.. I have one.. Your question made me log on and check... lol... my rune beetle is 120.9 poison.. so far just steady streams of Target begins to spasm uncontrollably or lvl 5 poison/lethal.. I only killed about 10-15 things.. I will do more steady test on it.. and on monsters with strong and weaker poison rs to see what I can see.. =^-^=
P.s. Poison on non poison born pets going from ~5-10% maximum HP per 3 seconds.(standard) to ~16-33% maximum HP per 5 seconds(lethal). still has me pretty pumped.. will test more when I can =^-^=
Thanks, so if it does not scale beyond GM we better leg Devs know, because you know they are not going to look at it for another 10 years.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cold Wind change:

10 initial Damage, 5 ticks of 14 damage, for 80 damage total against 0 resists.
Below is how it looks on EC:

Raging Breath change:

25 Initial Damage, 10 ticks of 10 damage, for 125 total damage against 0 resists:
Graphic on EC:

Steal Life change:
45 Initial Damage, 5 ticks of 5 damage, for 70 total damage against 0 resits.
Does not appear to be a graphic for the move.
I am fairly sure Cold Wind is supposed to be AoE. I am not sure about the other two and descriptions are not clear. Do you know if they are?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Changes to Special Move list order:

Live Order:

New Order:

Not sure why they did this, but at least Armor Ignore and Armor Pierce aren't next to each other anymore.
Well thats no change. I was hoping they changed some special abilities to special moves.

Were that many players hitting the wrong one (AI/AP) so they separated them? I been pretty drunk and didnt do that.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The CC damage color change appears to be implemented backward.

The intent was damage received Yellow, damage done Red,
but it's showing damage received Red, damage done, Yellow.

which, if you aren't expecting it can be alarming (I was fighting something where the pet would not be taking more than 50-70 per hit, and suddenly I was seeing big yellow 130s over it, and hadn't had the chance to pull the bar up yet after dismounting).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I closed client and it patched a little each time. Now the damages for pet are yellow and damage taken is red.

Red damage taken is better I think.

I say this because I never noticed toon damage taken was not red...

EDIT

Was at navrey and it was doing as above. Now all pet damage given or taken is red. Toon damage taken is yellow and given is red.

I didnt log off. was just typing here and it changed.

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I closed client and it patched a little each time. Now the damages for pet are yellow and damage taken is red.

Red damage taken is better I think.

I say this because I never noticed toon damage taken was not red...

EDIT

Was at navrey and it was doing as above. Now all pet damage given or taken is red. Toon damage taken is yellow and given is red.

I didnt log off. was just typing here and it changed.
it switches back and forth from red damage done to red damage taken...

holy light it switches even amongst the holy light damage.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Classic Client WARNING: When you try to initiate training on your three slot dragon this pop up will appear. This popup will ONLY appear ONCE.... EVER.

If you click yes, your dragon will immediately turn into a 4 slot dragon before you even train it.

If you click cancel and hit the blue training button again, it will immediately turn into a 4 slot dragon with no warning.

Enhanced Client WARNING: If you use Pincos or a custom UI like Pincos, you will not receive this warning at all and it will immediately turn into a 4 slot dragon when you hit the start training button.

THIS HOLDS TRUE FOR THE WINDRUNNER VANITY PET ALSO.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Khaelor, thanks for the warning!
Did anyone get a chance to test Life Leech as a viable skill?
Life Leech or Steal Life? I don't think they did anything to Life Leech.

Last edited:

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
PP Dragons that are untrained -> jumps to 4->5 when clicking the button .
PP Dragons that have had it's training button clicked 3->5 , doesnt jump. But cant train above 4->5.
PP Dragons that are waiting at 4->5 with button clicked, can have points applied.

Hopefully Broadsword realizes PP dragons need a different fix than this.