• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Changeling Dog insanity

G

A buncha guildies and friends had a pet training gathering, everyone pet beating on a poor shadow elemental. I brought my changeling dog for fun and strange things started happening. At first he was doing the typical copying of people and the critters there, then he turned into a grey Bake (everyone thought he was dead). Next up was shadow elem followed by regular earthie (no one was summoning earthies), then he decided to trump that by turning into a shadow dragon (does this make me the first person with a black dragon on a prodo shard?). Later on running to my house to get food for my chicken he copied one of the red parrots on my roof, I ran him back to the group and just as I got there he changed colors to a multicolor parrot blue/yellow/red. He only stayed that was for a few seconds so I don't think anyone got a screenie.

Anyone else have their changeling dog go nuts like this?

Definately was the life of the pet party, heheheh

Rey~

G

GamonHunter

Maybe I'm a noob , but what pray-tell is a changling dog? are they at all strong, and where do you get them?

G

Wow...sounds like your pup really put on a show for everyone! *smiles*

That's pretty cool! =)

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe I'm a noob , but what pray-tell is a changling dog? are they at all strong, and where do you get them?

[/ QUOTE ]

An Imprisoned Dog A dog trapped in a crystal, will change forms like a changling and bonds to the person who shatters the crystal Rare

From Travesty only?

G

Looks more like a Black Dragon than a Shadow Wyrm, since Shadow Wyrms are Ethereal looking.

The Imprisoned Dog can be gotten off of Travesty, when you break the crystal he's imprisoned in, it Summons/Bonds him to you, he looks like a normal dog at first. He's actually a Changeling that will transform into almost any Player/NPC around him.

For awhile, they no longer spawned on Travesty and player's would not sell the Crystal because there was a duping exploit involving them. Those neon colored robes (Non AoS) are one of the results of them duping exploits.

A

Antion_Vallin

If you play on Lake Superior go to the bottom of Destard. To the North of where you enter is a "yellow" named Ancient Wyrm that is grey colored. I took my dog there and when he transformed I recalled to Britain.

Not sure if the grey AW is still down there or not sinse Destard changed.

A

Antion_Vallin

<blockquote><hr>

For awhile, they no longer spawned on Travesty and player's would not sell the Crystal because there was a duping exploit involving them. Those neon colored robes (Non AoS) are one of the results of them duping exploits.

[/ QUOTE ]Are we still not alloud to feed these dogs or did the DEVs fix that?

G

Yup the dogs are much fun. I had one that remained a glorious multi-colored parrot for quite some time. I think he just liked the crackers.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of the 3 that i have trained they seem to like to emulate the shape and color or things around them. There are times where they only change the color and keep their current shape and vice versa. I have had a dark green (color of the plants around us) Elemental, A parrot that was a bronze cu color and many fun shapes and colors. I would have to say from the pic that they took the shape of the drake and the color of one of the persons clothing unless there is a dark black cu someplace in that mess.

nm that is the shadow elemental color that your training on.

T

tulkas1992

Hail,
Can anyone use them or just tamers? How many slots do they take? Do they take on the characteristics of the creature they imitate?
Thanks

G

Anyone can use em, they bond to whoever releases them. 1 control slot. No, its basically a dog that can "look" like other things, as Otis mentioned we tried riding em when they took horse shape and no luck, so they can't even be a mount. They are however good for lots of laughs

Rey~

A

Antion_Vallin

<blockquote><hr>

Anyone can use em, they bond to whoever releases them. 1 control slot. No, <u>its basically a dog that can "look" like other things</u>, as Otis mentioned we tried riding em when they took horse shape and no luck, so they can't even be a mount. They are however good for lots of laughs

Rey~

[/ QUOTE ]Actually, I noticed the base damage changed depending on the weapon in hand if they transformed into an NPC or player. They only took the generic base damage of the item, as if it were store bought, but their swing speed is uneffected by the transformation. It's not saying much despite how well trained the dog is, but transforming into a NPC or Player with a Halibard will beef up it's attack.

Been a while sinse I trained my dog, so I'm not sure if this still works.