• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Change to Technical Advice and Connectivity Problems – Very Important – Please read

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

<font size=3> <ul>[*]All technical and connectivity threads should now be posted in the Technical Forum

[*]Future threads started in City Hall in relation to connectivity or game loading issues will be either locked or moved to the Technical Forum.
[/list]</font>

The Technical Advice Forum can be found here .

With immediate effect we will be making more use of the current Technical Forum. If you have issues getting the game to run or connecting to a server (outside of the any normal server outage problems) then please make use of the Technical Forum to post about the problem.

<font size= 3><font color="red"> But, but why are you making this change? I like posting in City Hall.</font> </font>

This change is to help keep all types of connectivity issues in one dedicated forum , which will hopefully make it easy for each of us to find help when needed as quickly as possible. It will also make it much easier for Lee and the other Devs to respond and provide advice/updates when necessary. Information will no longer be lost amongst lots of discussion threads and general posts. This forum will be quite heavily moderated to ensure that information is easily retrievable for all to find.

<font size= 3> <font color="red"> How will it work?</font></font>

In future all information relating to connectivity and techinical issues will be posted in the Technical Advice Forum. If there are any widespread connectivity issues, such as the recent updater problems, Stratics may make a post in City Hall to alert everyone to a known problem and direct all comments, updates to be posted in the appropriate thread in the Technical Forum.

When posting in the Technical Forum please check for any existing threads on the same issue before making a new post and please word the title of your new thread carefully – something that will help everyone identify the same problem is most useful. Please note that this forum will be tightly moderated and general rants about not being able to play will be removed so that relevant information does not get diluted or lost in discussion.

Discussion about technical changes - eg: "if they make the new download 3 kazillion MBs to download, people on dial up may be excluded, what are your thoughts on this?", will, as always, be encouraged in City Hall..... but posts seeking specific help from the devs or other players for technical issues, will be moved to the Technical Forum.

<font size =3 > <font color="red"> But, but, how will the devs see my problem if I don’t put it in City Hall?</font> </font>

Please rest assured that your issues will be seen in the Technical forum and the developers will be checking there to continue to assist where they can and keep us updated with widespread problems. Lee will be just as responsive and pro-active in the Tech Forum as he has been in CH.

<font size= 3> <font color="red"> What about server outages?</font> </font>

As always server issues (eg. Cities not returning after maintenance) should be notified in the Server Outages Forum. When posting in the Server Outage Forum, please remember it is NOT a discussion forum. It is a means of communicating and notifying on problems with servers. Please keep your posts specific to the problem you are encountering, including the city/cities affected and any error message received. General posts which do not provide enough information to identify an issue may be removed without notice.

<font size = 3> <font color="red"> What about weekly updates and scheduled downtime?</font> </font>

Scheduled downtime notifications (eg. Weekly TC3 updates) and any resulting party threads will continue to be announced/posted in City Hall.

<font size = 3> <font color="red">I never check the Technical Forum, how will I know what is going on?</font> </font>

Did you know that you can make a forum a favourite so that any new threads and posts will show under your control panel?

Simply open the relevant forum, scroll down to the bottom and click on “Favorite Forum! (toggle)” this will add the forum to your control panel under favourite forums so you won’t miss out on any new threads.

<font size = 3><font color="red">Got Questions? </font> </font>

If you have any questions relating to these changes, please do not hesitate to contact a moderator who will be more than happy to assist you.

C

Cruz Cavera

Yeah.. Post in Technical Advice and no one responds.. Great help!

G

Awesome Polly! Thanks for making this. I'm glad EA has decided to utilize that forum. CH is a busy place and sometimes requests can get lost in the mix and so on.

Cruz... Patience Grasshopper.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah.. Post in Technical Advice and no one responds.. Great help!

[/ QUOTE ]

But, but, how will the devs see my problem if I don’t put it in City Hall?

Please rest assured that your issues will be seen in the Technical forum and the developers will be checking there to continue to assist where they can and keep us updated with widespread problems. Lee will be just as responsive and pro-active in the Tech Forum as he has been in CH.

G

Ooopsie !

I guess I forgot to lock this up when I edited something, it wasn't actually meant as a discussion thread, just a notification !

Polly

Status
Not open for further replies.