• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Change in Plans?

• Thread starter SyKo of GL
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

SyKo of GL

Well i just hit a hard reality i think... i was planning on taking taming to 120, but i just hit 100 and it took 4 hrs to get .1 gains.... before 100 i was averageing 1.4 gains a day. any tips? im switch between taming ridgebacks to taming bulls an hour on one then the other, but .1 gains after 4 hrs is obsurd, i might as well just wait 6.6 and get my ggs. what am i doing wrong?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When my tamers hit 100 real taming, I give up and just go get their GGS gain every other day. (Usually tame 5-20 animals, depending on my mood, in hopes that on the rare day they'll actually get TWO gains instead of just one.) Below 100, if I'm feeling energetic, they get to go out every day to try for a gain. Once they hit about 117 or 118, the every other day routine usually turns into getting a gain about once every three days.

Maybe you need to switch to taming unicorns or ki-rins, drakes, and dragons?

And if you've been using a character with next to no skills on it other than taming, start working up some other skills and use the character to actually go out and kill stuff. Otherwise, you just might reach the point where you dread using that character and will never finish it.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Well i just hit a hard reality i think... i was planning on taking taming to 120, but i just hit 100 and it took 4 hrs to get .1 gains.... before 100 i was averageing 1.4 gains a day. any tips? im switch between taming ridgebacks to taming bulls an hour on one then the other, but .1 gains after 4 hrs is obsurd, i might as well just wait 6.6 and get my ggs. what am i doing wrong?
After 115, you can spend all day taming, and all you get is your GGS gain of .1.

I have not tried alacrity scrolls, but as I recall (and this has been a long time ago) 99-100 took forever...or so I thought...because 115-120 is the only true definition of eternity.

Enjoy!

S

SyKo of GL

ahh, as for the train other skills idea, i ahve them stoned so that i have 100 mage, 120 lore and then my taming so i am under 350 skill total, so that i get more ggs like now i get 1 every 6.6 hrs =)

U

uoBuoY

ahh, as for the train other skills idea, i ahve them stoned so that i have 100 mage, 120 lore and then my taming so i am under 350 skill total, so that i get more ggs like now i get 1 every 6.6 hrs =)
If you drop the Lore and the Magery you can get a GGS every 4-5 hrs at 100 -109.9 Taming. I did that a few months ago.

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

come to siege!

because of rot you are pretty much guarenteed your gain ever 12 minutes

can get 120 taming in 3 weeks easy without sitting at your computer for hours at a time..

except you still ahve to grind to 70 to get into ROT

disclaimer: ROT is not GGS, but, once your timer is up, there is a much much higher chance to gain, i gain right not from failing ongrizly bears, also gained on a horse