• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chance of super slayer.... wat per 1000s scrolls

D

dum3886

50000 scrolls and not one SS... using a + 25 inscription tally and i am 106 magery 100 inscribe :S... man talk about bad luck

V

vorius

Yep, definitely is just dumb luck. As I was training up my scirbe at ~93.5 (I only started making spellbooks for skill gain at 93.0) I got a demon slayer book. I sold it for real cheap though as I am desperate for cash and had no idea what it's value was. Now at 98 scribe skill still making spellbooks and got a repond slayer. My magery is at 102.7, not using any talisman (for fear of it worsening my skill gains).

D

dum3886

yeah REALLY bad luck... i did about 40k scrolls before and during that ammount i got like 7 super slayers.. now i'm getting zilch

G

ouch that is a bad run, while I have never been as lucky as poster above to get 7 I usually get 1-2 in that amount of scrolls

D

derealcanuckeh

I got ya beat

120 mage 120 eval ( ya no difference ) tali is 26 reg 27 excpt

120000 scrolls no SS some regular slayers and a whack with some nice properties but no SS then I got one and it was the one I needed so I quit I know it was 120k of scrolls cause they come in stacks of 60k and I had 10 stacks when I started ( idoc ) ( ya it was a pain to frog hop that sucker to a bank ) so ya bad run or perhaps a normal run I've seen worse hehe

G

I've burnt probably 200k scrolls and have two a repond and an arachnid. I realy would like to come up with an undead with some good mods. I don't make books very often, i'll do some when I get bored and 99.999999% go to the library.

L

lorail

120 magery 100 scribe 10k scrolls no supper slayer as far as that goes i get about 1 slayer in a 1000 scrolls so i figure about 1mill for a supper slayer invasion should be over by then

A

alyssya

Id say Ive got yall beat here.... I started training scribe @ like 80 with a nice tali, and burnt thru bout 20k scrolls so far...i did get a reptile and demon slayer tho....but my fingers clicked a little too fast....and well lets just say if you gotta library card...you might find the demon slayer for checkout in teh stacks somewhere...-sighs-

I look at it this way tho....coulda been worse...lol coulda been a demon slayer with some mods eh?!

I learned that if you DO accidently donate something you dont want to...hit esc key REALLY fast and itll stop it lol...now when im donating i keep my left hand on the damn esc key....just in case heh

~A

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
since i started scribing spellbooks at about 85 skill with 100 magery ive made
3 demons
1 undead
1 arachnid
1 reptile

im now at 100 scription and 115 (real) magery.

V

vorius

Nice luck with the daemons! Awesome

I have now burnt through at least 30k scrolls (since I have 30k points at the library!) And I've gotten:

3 Repond slayer
2 Elemental slayer (1 with a nice added property- I think MR2? forgot now)
1 Daemon slayer

0 Reptile
0 Arachnid
0 Undead

J

JoyousGard

roughly 20k scrolls and 1 repond slayer, no mods

I'm now at 100 scribe 105 mage 105 eval int

But made the repond slayer before I maxed scribe or mage

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been keeping an eye while training, in the last 10k scrolls I used (roughly, maybe a bit more), I got one super slayer--elemental, no other mods.

At the time, I was training @ around 94 inscription with only gm magery. I've since been working on getting my magery up to 115 (all I can afford :p), then I'm going to resume my training. (Training magery is tough, though--I kinda miss the 8x8 method. :p)

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah.. When I started back on UO... I tried 8*8.. and couldn't get it to work. I was like what the heck.. and then I found out they fixed it. I finally got a 120 magery and come to find out, -magery wands and satyrs don't help you get faster gains anymore.

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just recently tried the satyr/wand plan...I wasn't impressed with the gains, it seemed as slow as just sitting in my house with a wand macroing, without the annoyance of having to follow the satyr around.

Plus--my stupid satyr disappeared on me TWICE. Bah!

G

oh yea? well i accidentally threw away an undead slayer with 2 other mods on it away. I wasnt paying attention >.>

S

sean_lo

Bought 45 K scrolls here.. Wonder how my luck is going to be. *gulp*

S

sean_lo

6 k scrolls left.

So far a pretty good run. 2 undead slayers, 2 demon slayers, 1 repond, 1 arachnid.

S

sean_lo

Typo earlier up there. I didn't have the repond.
Make that 2 undead, 3 demon slayers, 1 arachnid, 1 reptile.

Went out and bought an elemental slayer for 200 k.. now i only need the repond to complete all the slayers.

I

imported_xStrikerx

Wow, you got quite a few in those 45k scrolls. What is your real/actual magery?

S

sean_lo

I actually did have a repond.. it was hidden under my crate. rofl

So, make that 2 undead, 3 demon slayers, 1 arachnid, 1 reptile, 1 repond for 45 k scrolls.

110 magery, 100 inscription.

M

MysticLlamaFTW

I've finally demolished my stack of about 45k scrolls that have been sitting in my resource container for years.
120's and a 28/27exc tali, I've gotten 1 repond, 1 arachnid, 3 reptiles (2 with lrc), 3 undeads (one 11 resist), 4 demons (one lrc, one 5 int).
Seeing some other posters' statistics, I think I should just end my scribing career while I'm ahead....

Da BaBO

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a pretty good run with the RNG god yesterday. I started with an undead slayer (from New Haven quest) and a demon slayer (with +10 Med & 13 LRC).

I went out and bought 21K blank scrolls hoping to get 1 or 2 super slayers. I did batches of 300 scrolls at a time & checked at the end of each batch.

Well, after doing 7000 scrolls (14K left over) I ended up making another demon slayer, a repond, a reptile, an elemental (all with no mods) and an arachnid (with 13 LRC) to complete my set.

All this took place in less than 3 hrs of playing (took a few breaks to hunt a little to break the monotony).

I will use up the rest of the scrolls later to try for some better mods.

Da BaBO

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forgot to mention my Magery is 110 (Real), Inscription is 100 and I used a 19/17 Inscription talisman.

D

Delakar

Sorry for the noob question, but I am having little luck on the search functions. Where exactly do you donate spellbooks?

Thanks.

S

Shanna

I don't know. It seems pretty random. I've used a 120mage, 120eval, and 100 inscribe with 150 int and went through over 50k scroll paper and got one demon slayer, the rest.... crap. :(

I want another Repond slayer or two :D

S

Shanna

Sorry for the noob question, but I am having little luck on the search functions. Where exactly do you donate spellbooks?

Thanks.
The Britain Library. It's the mage donation representative. You need to do the Friends of the Library quest for first though.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Pushing 50k scrolls with no SS books fair number of nice mods on junk books but no SS.....Too bad there's not much market for any other type except as full books for new mages.

S

Sally Cinnamon

scuse my ignorance - what is super slayer?

i've made over 900 books today and have 63 slayers. one has a high lrc given its slayer type and more so i'm happy!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
scuse my ignorance - what is super slayer?

i've made over 900 books today and have 63 slayers. one has a high lrc given its slayer type and more so i'm happy!

Reptile
Repond
Undead
Demon
Elemental
Arachnid

Those are the craftable Super Slayer groups. They effect numerous types of creatures instead of a small group (Like Orc Slayer). For Example Repond works agianst Trolls, Ogres, Ogre Lords, Frost Trolls, Artic Ogre Lords, Orcs (all types), Ratmen (all types), Titans, Cyclopian Warriors, Meer (all types), Savages, Savage Shamans, Savage Riders, Evil Mage Lords and Eval Mages. While the Standard Orc Slayer would only work on Orcs, Orc Mages, Orc Scouts, Orc Bombers, Orc Choppers, Orc Brutes, Orc Lords and Orc Captians.

For a more info on Super Slayers look here on stratics... http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/slayerweapons.php

S

Sally Cinnamon

Cheers for that. It's amazing what you forget about the game when you've been away

S

Shanna

Got two Demon slayers in less than 20k scrolls.

How do you like them apples?

:eek:

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Older subject I saw but it really would be interesting to know a percentage...but, I know it really varies per individual.

Like Shanna, I made a couple Demon slayers when I was training up inscription a long, long time ago. I did those in-between about 3000 scrolls or so. I also made a respond, a reptile, an elemental slayer.

Those all were in about 10k in scrolls. However, after hitting GM, I've done about 120k in scrolls and have gotten:

1 reptile
1 undead

Anyhow go figure...pretty dumb luck. My talisman has been than 20/20 on both exceptional and the bonus. So 0.002 chance I have had over the course of the past half year or so lol. Oh well, its still exciting when you get one.

S

Salty Pete

I get 1 out of every 10k scrolls. Character is 110 magery 100 inscription no talisman.