• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Champion Spawns Additions

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In Publish 57, a number of new additions will be made to the champion spawns on all facets. While working the spawn, players will have a chance of receiving a random Scroll of Transcendence (SoT). When killing the champion, players who worked the spawn will have a chance of receiving a special reward. If none of the people who worked the spawn are present on the subserver when the boss dies, one of the top attackers will randomly be given the reward.

Scroll of Transcendence:

This cursed scroll will allow you to instantly train your character in the skill and by the number of points indicated on the scroll provided you have the room for it. All skills (including non-Powerscroll skills such as begging and remove trap) will be available. The skill on the SoT is randomly selected. The number of points per scroll will range from 0.1 to 0.5 in Trammel rulesets, and from 0.6 to 1.0 in Felucca. There is no timer on using these scrolls.

As Meraktus isn’t a standard champion spawn (no altar), you will not get those scrolls from working that spawn.

In Felucca, players will have a chance of receiving either the 105 Powerscrolls or the Scrolls of Transcendence. The Virtue of Protection applies on Scrolls of Transcendence in Felucca only.

Special Rewards from the Champion:

When killing the champion, players who have worked a certain percentage of the spawn will have a chance of receiving one of three types of items:

1. A boss specific replica;
2. A boss specific decorative item;
3. A shared replica.

The replica’s are artifacts originally created by the former EMs and Seers. They have the same mods and stats as the originals but you cannot use Power of Fortification on them. They can be repaired, insured and blessed. Some of them will only be obtainable from a specific boss whereas others will drop on various champs.

Decorative items will include some animated tiles, statuettes, furniture, etc. themed around the boss they dropped from.

Siege Perilous

A poll on this topic has been posted here for Siege players.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Question: Are the replicas available in Ilshenar champ spawns too? I see that the new scrolls of transcendence are, but can't tell for sure if the replicas are. If they will be available in non-Felucca champ spawns, great move.

S

sapphirediablo11

Question: Are the replicas available in Ilshenar champ spawns too? I see that the new scrolls of transcendence are, but can't tell for sure if the replicas are. If they will be available in non-Felucca champ spawns, great move.
If they aren't then it will be a real shame since all RPers will be shafted once again :(

P.S.

There should be items taht give the history of the item so that people learn what is was about and were it was from...

P.P.S.

Will there be the old EM robes and claoks or no?

drawn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
while I agree with the lag issues, I can SAFELY say that Regine is NOT a network administrator that would be responsible for the issues.

TY for the content announcement, but what would really make our day is a fix to the lag issues. :sad4:

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sweet. An actual reason to do champ spawns in places other than Felucca. Of course, now that you've confirmed it, prepare for the Felucca-only players to whine, now that there's (to me at least) more incentive to do Ilshenar spawns than Felucca ones.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Replicas are available on all facets.
Nice system, but we can't participate in it with this lag.

Also those scrolls without a timer on them is lame. Can we say farming scrolls & selling/buying them in bulk to train from 50-120 instantly? (Animal Taming)...

Wow lol.

At least I won't have to AFK macro...

drawn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Special Rewards from the Champion:

When killing the champion, players who have worked a certain percentage of the spawn will have a chance of receiving one of three types of items:

1. A boss specific replica;
2. A boss specific decorative item;
3. A shared replica.

The replica’s are artifacts originally created by the former EMs and Seers. They have the same mods and stats as the originals but you cannot use Power of Fortification on them. They can be repaired, insured and blessed. Some of them will only be obtainable from a specific boss whereas others will drop on various champs.

Decorative items will include some animated tiles, statuettes, furniture, etc. themed around the boss they dropped from.
Can you tell us what items they are? Lt Guard Sash, Vine Cord sandals....

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, is there any chance we can get a full list of the replicas, with name, item type, and mods (if any)?. Or will we have to wait until its closer to Pub 57?

S

sapphirediablo11

Can you tell us what items they are? Lt Guard Sash, Vine Cord sandals....
i think they are going to be more of teh decorative items, not the super over powered items... not complaining if they are since i can use antoehr vine cord since i bought a duped pair it seems :( poop

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Finally something for the Ilsh spawns.

But the entirety of Pub 57 will be a total waste, unless you can get something done about pingtimes and packet loss...Fix your equipment first, then work on the game. As it is now, we cant even play what already exists!

And I know that doesnt fall under your jurisdiction, I'm just still aggravated :p
Thanks for the additions, reallly, even if I never get to play for em :(

R

Rathma

mmm maybe you guys should address the lag before trying to add new content...

Who in the hell do you think is going to play the game if they cant even move more than 3 steps and lock up between 10-40 seconds?
I agree totally. I think several people including myself have called EA. They said they had no idea about the lag.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think that if there are no new ones added, there won't be any vine cords, there was no tag for a vine cord sandals [replica] in the cliloc files, I believe.

I

Inspector

By old EM items does this mean like Ithisis platemail and all those goodies are gonna be available?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i think they are going to be more of teh decorative items, not the super over powered items... not complaining if they are since i can use antoehr vine cord since i bought a duped pair it seems :( poop
Actually no, if you read the original post again, it says they have the same mods and stats as the originals, but you cannot use Powder of Fortification on them.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If that was the case then why would then mention they can't be powdered? They're obviously going to be items like gladiators collar and things that can break.

Basically like the peerless & doom arties and thier faction thing, they are crapping on all players who may have done the grind in training skills & obtaining items.

S

sapphirediablo11

Fang of Ractus [Replica]
ID: 1094893

The Most Knowledge Person [Replica]
ID: 1094894

Legendary Detective of the Royal Guard [Replica]
ID: 1094895

Elder Detective of the Royal Guard [Replica]
ID: 1094896

Mythical Detective of the Royal Guard [Replica]
ID: 1094901

Embroidered Oak Leaf Cloak [Replica]
ID: 1094902

Gauntlets of Anger [Replica]
ID: 1094903

Crown of Tal'Keesh [Replica]
ID: 1094909

Brave Knight of The Britannia [Replica]
ID: 1094910

Lieutenant of the Britannian Royal Guard [Replica]
ID: 1094911

Captain John's Hat [Replica]
ID: 1094912

Tattered Ancient Mummy Wrapping [Replica]
ID: 1094913

A Necromancer Shroud [Replica]
ID: 1094914

Shroud of Deceit [Replica]
ID: 1094915

Calm [Replica]
ID: 1094916

Oblivion's Needle [Replica]
ID: 1094917

Gladiator's Collar [Replica]
ID: 1094918

Royal Guard Survival Knife [Replica]
ID: 1094921

Items cannot be traded directly between vendors.
ID: 1094924

Orc Chieftain Helm [Replica]
ID: 1094925

Wind Spirit [Replica]
ID: 1094926

Good Samaritan of Britannia [Replica]
ID: 1094927

Djinni's Ring [Replica]
ID: 1094928

Quell [Replica]
ID: 1094929

Pacify [Replica]
ID: 1094930

Subdue [Replica]
ID: 1094931

The Robe of Britannia "Ari" [Replica]

The ones that i see :O (info taken from rare collects form :D)

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far, so good.

:)

Yes I think you should fix the lag too, but I for one definitely appreciate the idea that you're doing new content.

Kind of excited about this actually.

A related side-issue: There will still be an invasion going on in this Publish, I assume. Have you considered what invasion/event rewards there should be to keep people interested in it while you are also implementing this cool new, non-event content?

Maybe have replicas drop as part of the event rewards first, then add them into the game's "normal" content later? I'd hate the thought of players neglecting the invasion for this new content.

-Galen's player

S

sapphirediablo11

So far, so good.

:)

Yes I think you should fix the lag too, but I for one definitely appreciate the idea that you're doing new content.

Kind of excited about this actually.

A related side-issue: There will still be an invasion going on in this Publish, I assume. Have you considered what invasion/event rewards there should be to keep people interested in it while you are also implementing this cool new, non-event content?

Maybe have replicas drop as part of the event rewards first, then add them into the game's "normal" content later? I'd hate the thought of players neglecting the invasion for this new content.

-Galen's player
Unless they drag this on to long and they all become common play items that no one has interest in :(

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does this mean "clothing" items, such as the Lt Guard Sash will have durability?

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

True enough she may not be someone who works on our lag but she certainly works for the same company. Another example of horrible customer service at its finest!

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I'm not lagging.

I'm looking forward to the scrolls... do they have a timer?

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could we have a list of the special rewards?

Edited ... sorry was listed when I was posting

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

In case my edited post gets missed...

Do they have a timer?
&
Are they cursed? (105's weren't.)

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, I'm sure everyone at EA is aware that there is lag. The point of this thread was to let us know what the next Publish was going to bring. I'm sure they're working on it, or at least I hope they are.

Myself, I probably wouldn't actually use the items in my suits, as all my characters are pretty much done. But they'd be neat to have in a little museum.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Does this mean "clothing" items, such as the Lt Guard Sash will have durability?
Yep.
I wonder if the original items (*cough* and the dupes *cough*) will have durability placed on them too.

P

pavel.vesely

Nice, it will give some life... err I mean death and destruction to ilshenar champions and their hordes.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also those scrolls without a timer on them is lame. Can we say farming scrolls & selling/buying them in bulk to train from 50-120 instantly? (Animal Taming)...
A timer was considered but we dropped the idea simply because the scrolls you get are totally random and you won't get dubs in Trammel ruleset. Assuming you were in the most improbable situation where you systematically got 1.0 taming scrolls, you would still need 70 of them to go from 50 to 120. Even if you farmed the living daylight out of Tram spawns, considering the best you can get is 0.5, we would still be looking at 140 SoT taming scrolls. So I'm not overly concerned there.

The randomness of the Alacrity scrolls is a good example of what kind of skill drops you can expect.

This is meant as a permanent addition to champ spawns. Not a temporary one.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless they drag this on to long and they all become common play items that no one has interest in :(
Hmm.

Potentially a good point.

So this leads us back to the idea of providing some kind of event-specific reward, to keep folks doing the invasion content.

Right now the rewards are pretty decent...Chance at a Cincture, and a 50% SSI version of some high-damage weapon, such as a bow, heavy crossbow, or pole arm of some kind.

I can't see those competing too well with EM items though.

-Galen's player

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regine is a developer, not a network administrator. Yelling at her for not working on the lag issue is pointless.

I hope the replicas don't drop one per boss. I hope it is a percentage chance like the special peerless items like Mark of Travesty and Crystalline Ring. Otherwise they are going to become common really fast.

Also they should consider adding in a delay between activating spawns. Otherwise people are going to be doing 5-10 per hour.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mmm maybe you guys should address the lag before trying to add new content...

Who in the hell do you think is going to play the game if they cant even move more than 3 steps and lock up between 10-40 seconds?
Did you maybe think that not everyone on the dev team is a "lag expert"? Do you want the people who have nothing to do with connectivity twiddling their thumbs? Seriously, please think instead of randomly flaming.

S

sapphirediablo11

Okay i did some lookin' and i found these... some/most already in list i stated earlier

Fang of Ractus [Replica]
ID: 1094893

The Most Knowledge Person [Replica]
ID: 1094894

Legendary Detective of the Royal Guard [Replica]
ID: 1094895

Elder Detective of the Royal Guard [Replica]
ID: 1094896

Mythical Detective of the Royal Guard [Replica]
ID: 1094901

Embroidered Oak Leaf Cloak [Replica]
ID: 1094902

Gauntlets of Anger [Replica]
ID: 1094903

Crown of Tal'Keesh [Replica]
ID: 1094909

Brave Knight of The Britannia [Replica]
ID: 1094910

Lieutenant of the Britannian Royal Guard [Replica]
ID: 1094911

Captain John's Hat [Replica]
ID: 1094912

Tattered Ancient Mummy Wrapping [Replica]
ID: 1094913

A Necromancer Shroud [Replica]
ID: 1094914

Shroud of Deceit [Replica]
ID: 1094915

Calm [Replica]
ID: 1094916

Oblivion's Needle [Replica]
ID: 1094917

Gladiator's Collar [Replica]
ID: 1094918

Royal Guard Survival Knife [Replica]
ID: 1094921

Items cannot be traded directly between vendors.
ID: 1094924

Orc Chieftain Helm [Replica]
ID: 1094925

Wind Spirit [Replica]
ID: 1094926

Good Samaritan of Britannia [Replica]
ID: 1094927

Djinni's Ring [Replica]
ID: 1094928

Quell [Replica]
ID: 1094929

Pacify [Replica]
ID: 1094930

Subdue [Replica]
ID: 1094931

The Robe of Britannia "Ari" [Replica]
ID: 1094932

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
A timer was considered but we dropped the idea simply because the scrolls you get are totally random and you won't get dubs in Trammel ruleset. Assuming you were in the most improbable situation where you systematically got 1.0 taming scrolls, you would still need 70 of them to go from 50 to 120. Even if you farmed the living daylight out of Tram spawns, considering the best you can get is 0.5, we would still be looking at 140 SoT taming scrolls. So I'm not overly concerned there.

The randomness of the Alacrity scrolls is a good example of what kind of skill drops you can expect.

This is meant as a permanent addition to champ spawns. Not a temporary one.
You underestimate the power of a good scroll farming guild.

S

sapphirediablo11

That is true, my guild can solo many of the champ spawns in about 30 mins, and already be started on the next, since some are only good with the start up and never want to kill the bosses for some reason,

You will have to say probly about 50 scrolls an hour will be given out from this new release, when it frist comes out...

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you maybe think that not everyone on the dev team is a "lag expert"? Do you want the people who have nothing to do with connectivity twiddling their thumbs? Seriously, please think instead of randomly flaming.
THANK YOU!

W

wrekognize

looks great! The power some will have for skill gain concerns me a little though.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome job Sakkarah!! I can't wait to test these babies out!!! Finally a good reason for the other champs!!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
That is true, my guild can solo many of the champ spawns in about 30 mins, and already be started on the next, since some are only good with the start up and never want to kill the bosses for some reason,

You will have to say probly about 50 scrolls an hour will be given out from this new release, when it frist comes out...
I think it goes for just about every guild that does champ spawns.
You get raided, what one out of fifty? (If that, and sometimes you have to ICQ someone "come raid us" lol!) Add that to the Ilshenar/Tokono spawns being done on the tram side, and you'll see "pack of 50/100" scrolls for sale on vendors in Luna by the end of the month.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My big concern was that with all the overpowered items, eventually they'd raise the maximum resists and destroy all the work I just got done doing with all my character's suits. However, if the uber items aren't "permanent" and you have to constantly farm them, then I'm not too concerned. No one will use it on their character's suits permanently and it'll hopefully just be, as I said, used as a museum 'neat to look at' thing. I'd make a cool-looking banksitter to sell my items, or dress up my vendors...

T

Teeshy

So every scroll I get is going to be for taste/item ID? *grins*

I like the idea - I LOVE the idea that *maybe* I *might* get a taming boost.

But what if (for example) I am at 99.8 taming, and I get a .5 scroll? Can I still use it to get my .2, or will it not let me, 'cos I don't have room for it?