• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Champing question

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was at a champ last night and we battled the demon Semidar.

I have champed allot during my time in UO but this was the first time I ever champed as a Bard.

There were 2 Grt Dragons and a half dozen various warrior times hammering away at the champ to little avail.

After a dozen tried I finally got her discorded and was shocked to watch how fast her power bar dropped considering it hardly moved while I was attempting to discord her.

Now I maybe dropped 4 EV ( two before the disco and two after) and 1 flame strike on the champ. Imagine my shock when a 11 PS dropped in my pack.

I didn't expect to even get looting rights let alone a decent scroll.

Was it a fluke, or do Bard get loot rights calculate in some way other than direct damage inflicted?

Thanks and sorry about the rookie question!

:)

R

RichDC

No its calculated the same as far as im aware, but you get scroll credit from the spawn as well as the champ. so you may have even been able to not hit the champ at all depending on how much spawn you kill and if your lucky.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmmm wierd because I attacked very little spawn. I spent most of my time ressing and healing and practicing with my new bard macros.

Literally this was the first time I had her out when I was just training.

I guess I provoked a dozen or so creatures onto others of their own type.

Maybe that was enough....But that doesn't explain how I got looting rights on Semidar herself....and I did, I checked immediately when the scroll dropped because I was shocked!

I think I might have to champ with my Bard for a little while in the weeks ahead and see how it goes!

LOL

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty much the drop on the scroll is random. I've seen people run in at the last moment hit with one or two flamestrikes and walk away with a 120. About the only thing that is damage related is who gets the skull, and that goes to the top damage dealer.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well technically only the top 8 character to inflict damage can get a power scroll, since there is a maximum of 8 powerscrolls available for attacking the champ.

So damage inflicted has some influence.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
8 scrolls? I thought there were only 6 scrolls dropped (not counting the protector scrolls). Not sure it the scrolls have the same drop rules as Doom, in that you have to be in the top 16 damage dealers (its been a while since I last looked at that so the number could be different). Then again, I don't know how they calculate the drop rate for those people that do the spawn but don't hit the champ. I do know that you can be the top damage dealer get the skull and no scroll if more than 6 people are hitting the champ or has worked the spawn.