• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Champ spawns bots

aberforth

Visitor
Hi All,

I've been playing UO for almost a year now. Now when I have a pretty good samp build I wanted to do some solo champ spawns in fel to farm some scrolls.
I noticed that quite regularly I'm being raided by PvP guys so I asked around and it seems like they have bots that let them know when champ arrives...
In my opinion this is outrageous... I do not mind being raided when they get lucky and come on time but every bloody time is too much...

So my questions are
1. Are devs doing anything to prevent them planting bots in spawn locations?
2. Is there anything I (we) can do to find and kill the bot? Are those bots ghosts? hidden players? Any idea how does it work?

Thanks

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
with infinite free ej accounts...nothing will be done against cam bots.... you can try to join a bigger guild to defend yourself

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
EJ ghost cams are automatically moved to the chaos shrine after awhile. Hidden players can be found via the tracking skill. Whether or not you want to skill up a tracker to have so as to secure an area for your champ spawning comes down to if you want to put that time in. It ultimately may be less painful to simply play on an emptier shard and get your scrolls moved over.

Last edited:

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I hear you! It’s especially disheartening when it doesn’t matter what time you show up to do the spawn: day or night the same guild shows up. Make yourself an EJ account with a tracker and start seeing if you can identify who is there and at what times.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
One more topic about restricting others because of some rumors. True or not.
Jepeth gave you good and viable advices.
When you came to feel champion spawn you agreed that you possibly will be raided. Especially if you play on prime time.

aberforth

Visitor
When you came to feel champion spawn you agreed that you possibly will be raided. Especially if you play on prime time.
I am not complaining about the "possibility" of raids. Felucca is an open PvP and I accept that. But when I do spawn and every time champ shows up a red one does as well I think there is something wrong. They come at exact point the champ pops up... not a coincidence. There are over 20 champ locations... It's not possible that they hit me everytime I do spawn.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am not complaining about the "possibility" of raids. Felucca is an open PvP and I accept that. But when I do spawn and every time champ shows up a red one does as well I think there is something wrong. They come at exact point the champ pops up... not a coincidence. There are over 20 champ locations... It's not possible that they hit me everytime I do spawn.
You may want to talk to some PvP guilds to see if you can get some protection. It sucks, but it might be fun to see what kind of deal you can make. Unfortunately, there's some shards that are pretty much on lockdown and the devs don't do anything about it, so as they say, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

Shawn of Atlantic

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's the best time to show up, when you got the champ up. That way you've done all the work lol.