• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

champ spawn pets

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

Myself and a couple friends are returning to UO after a very long break. All 3 of us are running tamers (2 bard/tamers and 1 mage/tamer). We are currently in the process of selecting ideal pets for running champ spawns together. I have been looking over all the training guides, and the bestiary on uo-cah and the choices seem a little overwhelming to me.

I would love input from you all on what would be the top 3 pets to take to clear a champ spawn ? (i know it might differ depending on the spawn, but in general??).

I know probably one of us will be running an AI/chiv cu, for the second pet I was thinking a big AOE pet like a naja with poison breath/FWW. And as for the 3rd pet?? I'm not really sure? maybe a triton? I would LOVE suggestions!! :)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd suggest the third pet be a RC+AP Beetle (Giant or Fire), to increase single target damage output of everyone else (bring down the Champ faster). I'd also suggest the Mage/Tamer have 6x120 Taming/Lore/Magery/Eval/Med/120 SW, use Thunderstorm/EoW for blowing down the early levels of a champ as the pet tanks, and preferably use Magery Mastery for Death Ray against the Champ if you can get Lvl 6 Focus without the SW Mastery (it'll be difficult getting a Lvl 6 Arcane Focus on non-Atlantic shards without the SW Mastery though). Being Human for getting into Wraith Form with scrolls would allow the Mage/Tamer/SW to have Mana Drain for spamming AoE non-stop in big groups.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have a GD, Cu, Triton and Cus and Tritons are the goto pets right now and I am also looking to branch out also for a 4th goto pet.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
For best and speedy champ you need 1 sampire and other 2 tamers just help him (her if we talking Semidar) clean spawn with AOE pets. Will be pretty fast. When champion appears sampire is kicking champion, bard discords champ and runs peace mastery (not provo). You also use Justice on sampire with your bard. Don't damage champion and don't heal warrior. This way champion will yield 12 power scrolls. Third tamer can just to roam around securing the area.
Sampire also can be tamer of a kind if you like . 3 slot poison breath ruddy Boura or 3-slot dog (or vollem if you have funds) needs like 60-70 taming (with jewels to say "guard me" one time and then switch jewelry to warrior one) and kills everything on first level speeding up the process. Pet will die on second or third definitely, but who cares ?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Even on the quietest shard you'll be raided
Nope. Totally not on all shards. Some Asians are really quiet.
And if it is just for fun you always can do turtle on Tram rule set or Ilshennar ones.

Also fave no idea if PvP folks monitor Felucca Turtle one. That should be very unpopular.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nope. Totally not on all shards. Some Asians are really quiet.
And if it is just for fun you always can do turtle on Tram rule set or Ilshennar ones.

Also fave no idea if PvP folks monitor Felucca Turtle one. That should be very unpopular.
99.9% of the time correct but zerg guilds like to roll through

gwen

Slightly Crazed
99.9% of the time correct but zerg guilds like to roll through
I escape through star room. First goes toon with no power scrolls or valuable pinks . So my possible loss is 30k of insurance money. Lol.
Anyway I do only one spawn per day when I do them.
If spawn is busy , I just relogin to another shard or go do Devourer Of Souls

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thank you for the tip. I'm assuming scrolls are dropped from these spawns as well ?
Correct and more room to run and escape! We start at the one outside near khaldun if it's not a spawn we like we move over to swamps notth of deluca

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'd really recommend just doing fel maps and build your pets with 110 ps realistically the odds of getting the 120 you want are very small

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Really? I play on Legends. We are just hoping to get ourselves some scrolls since we really can't afford them right now.
There are lots of profitable activities for 3 persons in a stable group.
1- pirating and selling Tritons
2- farming blackthorn invasions. If you can manage gather more people it will be even better . 20-40M per hour worth of blackthorn helmets or Crimson belts or luck robes is good reward.
3-farming imbuing ingredients
4-farm Medusa for her blood, scales and (possible) a slither.

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The p
There are lots of profitable activities for 3 persons in a stable group.
1- pirating and selling Tritons
2- farming blackthorn invasions. If you can manage gather more people it will be even better . 20-40Mviper hour worth of blackthorn helmets or Crimson belts or luck robes is good reward.
3-farming imbuing ingredients
4-farm Medusa for her blood, scales and (possible) a slither.
The problem is there are no ps for sale this plagues every shard not named Atlantic