• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Champ Spawn Changes in Pub 57!

• Thread starter eccentricjules
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
E

eccentricjules

What can I say.... Awesomeness! READ THE THREAD HERE

In Publish 57, a number of new additions will be made to the champion spawns on all facets. While working the spawn, players will have a chance of receiving a random Scroll of Transcendence (SoT). When killing the champion, players who worked the spawn will have a chance of receiving a special reward. If none of the people who worked the spawn are present on the subserver when the boss dies, one of the top attackers will randomly be given the reward.

Scroll of Transcendence:

This cursed scroll will allow you to instantly train your character in the skill and by the number of points indicated on the scroll provided you have the room for it. All skills (including non-Powerscroll skills such as begging and remove trap) will be available. The skill on the SoT is randomly selected. The number of points per scroll will range from 0.1 to 0.5 in Trammel rulesets, and from 0.6 to 1.0 in Felucca. There is no timer on using these scrolls.

As Meraktus isn’t a standard champion spawn (no altar), you will not get those scrolls from working that spawn.

In Felucca, players will have a chance of receiving either the 105 Powerscrolls or the Scrolls of Transcendence. The Virtue of Protection applies on Scrolls of Transcendence in Felucca only.

Special Rewards from the Champion:

When killing the champion, players who have worked a certain percentage of the spawn will have a chance of receiving one of three types of items:

1. A boss specific replica;
2. A boss specific decorative item;
3. A shared replica.

The replica’s are artifacts originally created by the former EMs and Seers. They have the same mods and stats as the originals but you cannot use Power of Fortification on them. They can be repaired, insured and blessed. Some of them will only be obtainable from a specific boss whereas others will drop on various champs.

Decorative items will include some animated tiles, statuettes, furniture, etc. themed around the boss they dropped from.
Thoughts? I personally love the Scroll of Transcendence replacing some of the 105 Scrolls in Fel. Those are trash, at least these have a practical use other than carpeting your floor!

E

eccentricjules

So which is it? Is there only 1 reward for the top attacker or is there multiple rewards for the champ? I'm not going to go on and on but top attacker is a bad system as it leads to the same person getting the reward every time. One day I hope to see that concept identified as bad.
The new system is tracking the players working the spawn. Once you've reached a certain threshold, you are automatically added to the list of people who will have a chance of receiving the rare item. The person who worked the spawn the most will have a very slightly higher chance of getting it. So technically, if you are on the list, you do not necessarily have to kill the champ to receive the item, but it would increase your chances if you did. You however must be on the subserver or you are removed from the list. If you are dead, the item could drop on your corpse (not on your ghost).

If none of the people on the list are present when the champ dies, then a random player among those who helped killed the champ will receive the reward.

When killing the boss, the breakdown for the rewards is as follows:

10% chance of no reward
10% chance of the boss specific reward
45% chance of a decorative reward
35% chance of a shared reward.

For example, if you're doing Oaks:

10% no reward
10% chance at Orc Chieftain Helm
45% chance of either the wind spirit or one of the 4 animated water tiles
35% chance of one of 6 Replicas (Survival Knife, Djinny Ring, Lt. Sash, Samaritan Robe, Detective Boots or Knowledge Robe).

Note that Oaks has the most shared replicas. Most other champs have 3 or 4.

As far as people farming the Tram ruleset spawns, keep in mind that there is a timer before the altar is self-reactivated. You will probably remember the days of ToT when we were all sitting around waiting for the spawn to begin again.

The SoTs are totally independent of the boss. Whenever you work the spawn you get a chance at receiving a 105 or a SoT scroll. In Trammel, you will only get the SoT, in Felucca you will get one or the other.
So taking a spawn from people and healing a champion in full don't take away thier chance of getting that extra reward right? Just the powerscrolls like now? If so that's actually kind of cool.
Correct, the PS will continue to work as before. Heal the champ, whoever raided and killed the boss gets all the scrolls. If you also want the reward, you will need to track down and kill the people who worked the spawn or check their bodies to get it.
This will be really good. It gives motivation for people to do spawns in Illish and Tokuno while still keeping the advantage with Fel spawns.

I also love that they took into account the possibility of the players that killed the spawn being different from the players that kill the boss. Not that I like the thought of working a spawn and being raided, but it IS part of the game, and I’m glad they fixed the rule set on the special drops to account for this. This could present a problem though in Illish with spawns being hijacked. A guild could work the spawn and a 2nd guild could join in on the kill potentially taking the special drop. Again, another advantage to doing the champs in Fel (defend or retreat).

Also, this LIST is a lot of the items that will be dropped from boss' only difference being they will have the tag [Replica] attached to them. NOT ALL items on this list will be re-released.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As one posted on UO Hall, The farming will begin, the stacking of Untimed Scrolls will begin. The Scroll of Transcendence (SoT), they all should have been time limited (even if they were timed for 72 hrs) Unlimited I think will be a bad idea. It is nice though they are adding something for people to do at the non fel spawn area's. Who knows, you might even see them as busy as the others, who knows.

E

eccentricjules

Well it does show they ARE listening to what people are asking for. I have seen a call for a new system like we had for the Treasures of Tokuno, people have asked for the Illish champ spawns to have a point, this takes care of "overpowered EM items" complaints because most of them will be re-released. It's like a complaint fest rolled into a new thing to do =P

I am kinda glad there is no timer. Hey, if you want to skill gain by eating up 50 scrolls then you just go ahead... soon we can all have EVERY skill and just soulstone them around. I want to GM begging for next year!

E

eccentricjules

To add some more of the "official" details:

Replicas are available on all facets.

A timer was considered but we dropped the idea simply because the scrolls you get are totally random and you won't get dubs in Trammel ruleset. Assuming you were in the most improbable situation where you systematically got 1.0 taming scrolls, you would still need 70 of them to go from 50 to 120. Even if you farmed the living daylight out of Tram spawns, considering the best you can get is 0.5, we would still be looking at 140 SoT taming scrolls. So I'm not overly concerned there.

The randomness of the Alacrity scrolls is a good example of what kind of skill drops you can expect.

This is meant as a permanent addition to champ spawns. Not a temporary one.

Name it.
There's simply not enough incentive for people who normally do not go to Fel to enter Fel now to get the same items they can get in Ilshenar and Tokono spawns.
Twice the points and double scrolls with protection, the powerscrolls, the skulls and the special reward for doing the same thing but with a bit more risk. I don't know but it is actually appealing to me. Then again, I mostly play Fel and I enjoy PvP so I guess I'm even more biased!

I'm still wading through this thread, but so far no one has been talking about how some drops may only drop on the ilsh spawns in bedlam and twisted weild. Both spawns have altars.... both are much harder than any champ spawn in fel. Both have unique champs that are not found in fel.

I bet both spawns will also have artifacts that can't be found in fel.
That is correct. Twaulo (Twisted Wealds), Serado (Tokuno), Ilhenir (Bedlam) and Meraktus (Labyrinth) each have a unique artifact and themed deco items. So for those, Feluccans will have to go to these specific champ spawns to get the rewards.

Reguarding THIS LIST:
Since you are stopping by to visit us, is there a list of definite replicas that will be available?
All the items up to Captain John's Hat, minus the Item Bless Deed, the vine cord sandals and the Wisp Fragments. It will also not be the Shroud of Tal'Keesh but the Crown of Tal'Keesh instead.

S

Sunrise

More stuff to collect WOOOT :D But this new stuff sounds like good stuff to collect for once...Hey I want GM begging and heck GM camping...

But dang it..I spent months GM fishing..and now I can get a scroll...LoL :D

but seriously now...

This new stuff does sound like fun. Not only to hunt in Fel..but also in Ish and Toko..which finally makes it a reason to hunt there :D

Can't wait to see how this goes.

But who is the new champ guards on this shard tho?

Thank You LL for the input...Big time :D :bowdown::love:

E

eccentricjules

But who is the new champ guards on this shard tho?
*sigh* I can't even figure out what guilds are around that actually do anything, especially champs. I have expressed it before, I would like to join a guild. It's been offered to me to join ROFL but I hardly ever see anyone and have been told there is hardly anyone online at any given time in that guild. I am not great at PVP, but I try. I would like to find a guild that does champs and things like that but in Fel. In the past I have had invites to guilds who say they do champs then I find out they go to Tokuno, but WHY? OK, so there may be a reason very soon but I would like to join a Fel guild, but not the "kill everyone" kind of folks. I have even thought about going faction, but maybe need some PVP help first. I’m not scared of death at least!

I DO understand that Napa is different. We don't really have any overly aggressive guilds. I just get worried we will have another FL situation where some large guild from another shard xshards over and takes us over. We don’t even have a guild with 100 members.

I see K@S/KOS plenty but thats about it really. What guilds are active out there?

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for posting the distilled dev comments. Maybe next year sometime I can check it out myself. By then, it will be less camped anyway.

Napa used to have guilds with over 60 active members, but that was ten years ago when I used to play a lot.