• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chairman of the Hoard

• Thread starter Prince Caspian
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Why do you hoard items?

• Items are currency in this game. I keep them to sell them when they appreciate in value.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • To keep a posterity collection, to remind me what I've lived in UO.

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • I don't hoard items... I only get these items that I intend to use.

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Because you never know when a past item will suddenly become the next big thing.

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
P

Prince Caspian

Why do you hoard items like the ones generated in this event? Inquiring minds want to know.

E

Evilminion

Heehee! Great thread title. :D And ohhhh, so accurate for me!

I keep items for three reasons, depending on the item:
  1. Because it's useful
  2. Because it's beautiful in my house
  3. Because it's a "trophy" of something I've done in the game

My new scout armor is downright useful. The Spirituality virtue tile is lovely, and complements my vet reward ankh to make a nice home shrine. And while there's no good reason to keep, say, one of each ophidian ration, by god, it commemorates all the adrenaline of fighting and running and running and fighting and running. And dying. :stretcher: And fighting some more. :fight:

I love this game!

F

FarukAlazar

A little of column B, a little of column D. More column B. Remembering where I've been helps me move forward to where I'm going. Wherever that is.:)

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a museum of many old and new items in UO History. Not all of it is epensive pieces but fun reminders of the past. Thus it's called the Nostalgia Museum. As for the rest of the stuff I hoard, or mostly my husband hordes lol, it's all useful items: pickaxes, prospector tools, armor and jewelry, that sort of things. We did have alot of junk horded away on extra characters though, for holiday decorative purposes, but that has been wittled down substancially!!

Ori

L

Lord Drakelord

Kept wishing they come back with letting us use moonstones, even if we can recall across facets, I hate running to fel to mark a rune in some forsaken spot, when I could use a moonstone to get across.

Had a huge hoard on vendors for yrs, no one was buying, saw the thread and the stuff that was going to be turned in, dropped my vendors and put all away. I was lucky there.

Had a HUGE collection of candy, good thing that stacked and we were allowed to turn in by the 100s.

Same with the color eggs, had a HUGE collection of them, same as before they stacked, and at easter we laid them out.

Had lot of Islh and tokuno arties, the tokuno we had hoped they bring back the tokuno dyes to trade in, so did very well there.

Being members of THB we had ALOT of maps and SOS, had to keep them in TWO houses, more then we could handle, so turned alot of those in, keeping only what we needed for ourself.

Had Alot of paragon chests as well, was selling them like 5k per chest, the white ones were going for 25k each, took them all and turned them in.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There isn't really one reason why I keep stuff in game. A few reasons:

1. Experimentation. I've kept items that have strange combination of mods, not because I expect to use them actively, but more to test out whether it is worth trying to get a better version of them. These are usually weapons.

2. New characters. I keep scrolls and good equipment that I can't currently use for future characters I may make. For roleplay reasons, I generally make a bunch of new characters from time to time (at least 3 in the last year).

3. Props! I am a pretty active roleplayer and event runner, and sometimes I need a house, random dungeon corner, or open field to look a certain way. I kept and used cursed artifacts and rubble for this long before any turn-in was announced. I bought blackrock for this purpose (evil characters always play with blackrock) and extra books of truth (which I'm probably not going to turn in).

4. Sentimentality. I have items crafted by friends long since gone. The items are mediocre by today's standards, but they bring back a lot of memories. I have random items from so many events, storylines, characters, etc.

5. Money. I keep some things for the very simple reason that items tend to keep their value better than gold does. Inflation is real in UO, and sometimes I do the very greedy thing of selling for profit. Terrible I know.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I try not to unless I know their going to be turn in's.