• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

CEO strategies

• Thread starter Fangs McWolf
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
F

Fangs McWolf

Okay decided to make this thread after moonlight and I stumbled across a interesting strategy.

Idea of the thread is to post different, effective ways for fighting the cogs. Not talking about "2 fog and 2 ele on 11's", but rather more interesting and useful while not chewing through gags when not needed. After I give the example, hopefully the concept will make sense

Tonight, after we served the cogs, our group, consisting of moonlight and I (with 2 others, can't remember who, no offense to those with us) happened upon a very effective strategy. We had all 12's (yes Trish, you missed out on cheeses).

:scholar: 2 round strategy: Train (organic), Lure, Fog*2. Next, at least all ele. Using lure and 3 ele might work, but not sure yet, since the carry over damage seems to be weird on when it does or doesn't work.

Both she and I did that 2 times in a row. First she trained, another lured and then the 3rd and I fogged. After that, 1 aoogah and 3 ele. Next turn, I trained, my fogging buddy lured, and then moonlight and her luring buddy both fogged and then we all ele'd. Worked like a charm. Granted, only good for as many trains you have, but it went so smoothly that we both felt like it should be shared. A variation of this, using drop, would be lure + 2 ele + ship. That'd handle 1 round, but still a good simple one.

A one round strategy that I've often thought of, with the drawback being that 2 mega's are used, is Train, Lure, Ele, Ship. That's more useful though for the CGC, when you know there's an invasion and want to get out on one round.

Of the CEO run's that I've been on, the best repeated strategy I've seen (without using Mega's) is to use 1 fog + 3 ele each time, sometimes altering if 3 ele would be too much for all (or all but 1) of the cogs. Cuts down on the gag usage and there's always TU gags, so no worries on being hit.

So anyone got strategies to share? :D

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't miss out on any cheese, trust me :lick: It was everywhere!

As for strats.. to get people to agree on one would be impossible. All the big kids want to do it the "Chanty" way (3 eles one fog no matter what). I want to do what conserves gags the most, but can never get everyone to go along with it. And yes the carryover confuses me, i wish someone would figure out the formula already.

F

Fangs McWolf

I didn't miss out on any cheese, trust me :lick: It was everywhere!
Did you cut the cheese?

As for strats.. to get people to agree on one would be impossible. All the big kids want to do it the "Chanty" way (3 eles one fog no matter what). I want to do what conserves gags the most, but can never get everyone to go along with it.
I think it depends on the situation. Like if there is a 11 and the others are 9's, then 1 can cake the 11. You get the idea. That method is a good one, but obviously none is perfect.

And yes the carryover confuses me, i wish someone would figure out the formula already.
I'm wondering if it's not some percentage of the overflow or overkill. Like half or something.

K

Kippy

As for strats.. to get people to agree on one would be impossible. All the big kids want to do it the "Chanty" way (3 eles one fog no matter what). I want to do what conserves gags the most, but can never get everyone to go along with it. And yes the carryover confuses me, i wish someone would figure out the formula already.
HAHA!! I love it!
This is the best strategy for the first round, as for the 3, 9's and 1, 11, yes we do use 1 fog, 2 eles and a ''cake, cloud or drop'', as for the second round of cogs, if we all have sound we do it the other way around, 3 fogs, 1 ele, but YES, the double lev.7's is awesome, the combos we love are:

Train + lure + ele + ship.
Lure + cake + double wedding cake.
Lure + cloud + double geyser.
*these will all kill both sets of cogs+skeles
** If you don't want to use lev.7's and you do not have sound, you can use:
Lure and 3 Bday cakes, the 3 cakes will kill both the cog and the skele. We take turns luring and all use cake on the same cog.

As for the Carryover, I'm working on it! seems that just when i thought i figured it out something happends and messes up everything LOL
But Fangs is right, it does have to do with % and not with hit damage, the thing is, it's a combination of the gag, the lure bonus and the combo bonus, so it's confusing me right now, but I will get it!! :coco:

G

Granjell

Personally, I like the 4 opera strategy! or any multi-level-seven combo. It's a one-round knock-out for sure, and that way if the stars are in some weird conjuction and I end up in the Dock staring at my toes, I know I chose correctly for "use-it-or-lose-it"!

It sure is fun anyway....

F

Fangs McWolf

As for the Carryover, I'm working on it! seems that just when i thought i figured it out something happends and messes up everything LOL
But Fangs is right, it does have to do with % and not with hit damage, the thing is, it's a combination of the gag, the lure bonus and the combo bonus, so it's confusing me right now, but I will get it!! :coco:
Guess a special CGC run could be done where with the first battle, you lure and kill off the 3 non v2's, then 1 cake+1 cream pie the v2 (if still lured, will do 238 damage, which is an 106 left over), then just keep weeny-gagging the skele until he dies and see how much total damage was done. Should give an idea at that point. There is the possibility that it's not a % but rather exponential based (the less carry over damage there is, the more it 'heals' after that round is over).

D

Dynozap

being of short attention span and limited mental capacity I prefer the method that requires the least amount of thought and isn't hurt much by lag. The ideal situation is to shop ebay in one window while killing cogs in another. So, obviously, i prefer the won fog fits all strategy. More specifically, i prefer the toon on left to fog first, toon second from left next, then third, then fourth .. then back to first. Even if it is a bank of all 11's I still prefer one foghorn. The following round the 11's can be killed by two aoogah and the other two toons can toon up. It's a win-win strategy.

After a while you run out of fogs. this is a good opportunity to drop some piano's and use up your small squirts, cream pies, carhorns and stuff. Save the tnt, trap doors, storms, and birthday cakes for later.

The ideal situation is for someone to throw a gag-all either as the last cog is dying or just after the doors to dining hall open. But let us assume that there is no restocking of gags.

after feeding, out come the cheese heads. fire the first one and get on with the fight. after that it's a variation of CCG - lure left & kill right.
one toon lures, one toon traps, two toons cake. Pick the cogs off one by one.

round one - goggles, two cakes right, pass
round two - $10, trap door right, two cakes slot 2
round three - goggles, trap door right, two cakes slot 2
round four - goggles, trap door right, two cakes slot 2
round five - goggles, trap door right, two cakes slot 2
and so on.

if you run out of cakes and trap doors then move to storms and tnt. if you run out of that then start running over them with trains or dropping boats on them.