• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cemetery Butchers

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know it's after Halloween, but why were Butcher's turned off if all the other Halloween stuff remains on currently?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Because they are programmed to.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because they are programmed to.
Have they always been turned off earlier than everything else? It doesn't matter really, just curiosity as this was the first year I decided to do them.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or pancake because an event goes over a day or two
It was just a simple question dude, no reason to get your panties in a twist.

Last edited:

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same thing was asked over on their official forums.

butch1t.jpg

Reactions: S_S

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Butchers always shut down Halloween night. The skeletons last a bit longer, and the halloween dungeon usually lasts until Thanksgiving or later. I haven't checked to see if the grims are still spawning (they usually do until at least server maintenance on 1 November), because without the butchers for the carving kits, there's little reason.

I personally think that they should last longer - then again, I also think they should bring back the giant turkeys each year, instead of the gimmicky way they now spawn that I've never managed to get them to work.

It's been worst in the past. There were time in the earliest years (10 or more years ago) where they shut down everything at midnight GMT, thoroughly shafting the Western Hemisphere players, as that meant that the halloween stopped DURING the evening of Halloween - Late AFTERNOON for players on Pacific Time, Alaska and Hawaii!