• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

CC Resale

G

I understand that we cannot buy someones CC simply to resale at i assume a higher price. (Although im still not sure why that is a problem, after all the original seller got what they wanted out of it and i highly doubt people could pass it off as their own because the creator can put whatever they want in the description) But as i have bought a few pieces so far, it began to occur to me that one day i may want to redecorate (cuz i like to do that alot) and what am i supposed to do with the CC i want to change out? So I actually posed the question to Parizad (though granted she was busy at the time) She told me that if it was a Sims Item that was recolored/patterned then yes it could be resold but if it was not then it could not be resold for any reason. I Understand that those who create CC do not want their hard work ripped off, but even in the real world things are bought and resold every day. I have to do some serious considering before purchasing another CC item. With the current rate of difficulty earning money, I do not want an empty investment.

When i first heard about CC becoming available in EALand I assumed that the biggest concern would be people uploading items from internet sites and passing them off as their own, it never entered my thoughts that I would be unable to resell an item i had legitimately purchased from the original creator. Nor do I see an easy fix to this problem. Just wanted to let everyone know they might want to seriously consider their investments.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

There is no rules against reselling CC that you have purchased in game at all. Many people do it.

However, if you purchase CC that turns out to be stolen property and uploaded, there is a chance that CC will get removed from the game. So there is a chance you could resell something that gets removed from game. (Stolen property=CC uploaded by player that they did not actually create themselves)

G

Thanks gracie, hopefully what you say is true because im a great fan of CC and do not want to feel like im just throwing my money away on it. Although what Parizad told me is the exact opposite, hopefully she was just too distracted to get what i meant.