• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

CC or Clutter?

• Thread starter imported_Juniper Skye
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Juniper Skye

OK, please don't hurt me.....but....

It seems the more I float around ea Land and visit houses with CC it just seems to me like clutter. I mean how many different colored teddy bears can you have? And all the pictures and signs?

Maybe it's just me, but I hate it when I have to search for the buffet behind all the CC.

G

While there are certainly plenty of players with the "more is better" mentality within TSO/EA-Land, I'm pretty sure that - for the most part - it's just a phase, and it will regulate itself out over time. People have been begging for CC for half a decade now, so I expect it to be a little - err... chaotic - at first.

G

<blockquote><hr>

While there are certainly plenty of players with the "more is better" mentality within TSO/EA-Land, I'm pretty sure that - for the most part - it's just a phase, and it will regulate itself out over time. People have been begging for CC for half a decade now, so I expect it to be a little - err... chaotic - at first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah....CC is *new and shiny* right now.....as the newness wears off, just like other new features, the interest in the CC will fade out and only the truly outstanding stuff will have any longevity......others will figure out it isn't for them for whatever reason, be it that they don't have the patience, or its too expensive, or nobody wants to buy it....etc. etc. etc. and they will move on to find their own niche with one of the newer features at the time. I feel for those on dialup though that are having to deal with extra lag from the clutter.....hopefully that will entice more to look into high speed options like satellite and such.

G

<blockquote><hr>

OK, please don't hurt me.....but....

It seems the more I float around ea Land and visit houses with CC it just seems to me like clutter. I mean how many different colored teddy bears can you have? And all the pictures and signs?

Maybe it's just me, but I hate it when I have to search for the buffet behind all the CC.

[/ QUOTE ]
More than that - the huge numbers of objects interferes with pathing - more than once I have had my guy WALK all the way around the house to get to an object a few steps away.
OTOH - the new hasn't worn off yet, so there's a chance it may calm down after a while.

I

imported_Shirl1211

I went to a house the other day and the lag was horrendous. As I was looking around, I must have counted at least 30 CC pictures. I left, and the lag stopped..hmmmm, P.S. Most of them we're kinda yucky too.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

To be honest, I have felt like I've been walking in houses of clutter for 5 years. It was the same clutter in every house. Very few people take the time to truely decorate and design with any amount of style, if you ask me. It has been a game of how much crap can you stuff on one lot for the past 5 years.

I hope that as our choice of custom content grows, people will begin to be more selective when purchasing things for their homes.

I live by the motto of "Less is more". Less garbage laying around allows for more people to flow easily through the house.

G

I think right now CC is looked at as a Collector's Items...people are more concerned with collecting the latest and greatest. I think eventually this mentality will stop and it will become more about using CC to make more creative lots.

R

Roger Wilco

You're right of course, 99% of the custom content people are filling their lag infested homes with is rubbish.

It's no surprise really, I have met very few truely creative people in TSO, and a lot of people who really think they are, but aren't.

Am I the only person that finds calling the re-skinning of an existing object "custom content" annoying? If some SL player were to come here and see what people are calling CC they'd laugh themselves silly.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Am I the only person that finds calling the re-skinning of an existing object "custom content" annoying? If some SL player were to come here and see what people are calling CC they'd laugh themselves silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering CC is very new to many of us, as is the paint programs, transmogrifier and 3d programs, we all have to start somewhere. Why not with recoloring? I think its great that we can use this experience, and simple color changes as a tool to learn the more advanced stuff.

In other words, I do not find it annoying.

I

imported_Founder

I love CC so much, I wanted to marry it, but she said NO.

I wish there was a possibility to WORSHIP custom content though, just like anniversary statues.

I

imported_SimTripps

There's alot of ugly and useless cc out there for sure lol.. I like floating around visiting different properties, checking out the cc talent. By far Thrill is the most talented at the moment, since he knows his way around 3D animation and shading, but even his stuff is becoming stale. I know some are skilled more than others using paint programs, etc., but yuckie poo people lol...

I agree - less IS more. A thing or two can be learned by following, say, Japanese or art deco styles, where designs are simple, stark and linear, as opposed to stiff, stuffed and oppulent... The 'art of using nothing' space, as opposed to the 'art of cramming' space lol...

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

To be honest, I have felt like I've been walking in houses of clutter for 5 years. It was the same clutter in every house. Very few people take the time to truely decorate and design with any amount of style, if you ask me. It has been a game of how much crap can you stuff on one lot for the past 5 years.

I hope that as our choice of custom content grows, people will begin to be more selective when purchasing things for their homes.

I live by the motto of "Less is more". Less garbage laying around allows for more people to flow easily through the house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, Gracie. I second this.