• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

CC Client Fatal Error at Character Selection screen

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO CC Fatal.jpg

Ok, So I've been having a small problem lately I could use a hand with. This (see attached picture) happens when I try to log in with the character I was previously logged in with: so basically I can't log in with the same character twice in a row. Once I click the "OK" button the client closes. This happens both with and without UOA so I assume it is a client issue and not a UOA issue.

The workaround is to log in with a different character, then logout, then log back in with the character I wanted in the first place. This is kind of a pain in the butt and I would like to know if there is anything I can do to fix it. Thx.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO CC Fatal 2.jpg

Problem description: So, this problem is getting worse. It still happens on login but this instance happened today. I logged in and wanted to move some things around in my house and went into options to turn on circle of transparency. I checked the box and clicked apply and then clicked okay and the error occurred. This time it completely wiped the character settings to include all game window settings and macros.

Attempted fixes: I have performed a complete uninstall of the game and deleted the game folders from the Program Files folder as well as the character profiles from the Documents folder. I then reinstalled both UO client and UOA from scratch and set up my characters game windows and macros from scratch. While this solved the problem for a few days the errors started happening at login again and now while I am ingame. CTD everytime and deletes the character profile.

Recent changes: No recent hardware or software changes except for uninstalling/reinstalling CC client and UOA.

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

System specs: Dell XPS 435T/9000, Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz, 16 Gb DDR3 1066, Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 4Gb driver version 9.18.13.4052

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And now I cannot login at all with any characters. Going to uninstall and reinstall again. Oh and then redo all my settings and macros as well, should only take a few hours. Can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing right now.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, two days after a clean install and I'm getting errors again. Getting very frustrating.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, my computer just died. Mobo died and took the SSD with my OS with it. So I just built a new computer this weekend and it just started happening all over again. New computer, OS, video card, SSD...everything. I didn't even use my saved character settings from my old system, rebuilt my macros from the ground up. I can't believe the problem is on my end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk