• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Caution when buying an expensive pet

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is a thought I had to help people avoid a lot of heartache when the new publish goes live.

I have noticed recently A LOT of "pre-patch", "2 slot" and what SEEM to be "over capped" pets for sale everywhere recently.

I would advise ANYONE considering buying one of these pets, to ask the seller to copy to Test Center and let you lore it there. Because, let's face it, if you are looking to spend 100-500M or so on a pet, a little due diligence never hurts. I know that for me personally, I would have zero problem transferring to TC to show a pet to a perspective buyer. WHY, you ask? Because the publish WILL "reset" most(?) of the exploited/bugged/insert phrase here, pets, and the buyer will be out all of their gold, and have a useless pet. It is a good (but probably not foolproof) way to verify that the pet is "legit".

So do yourself a favor, and check out the pet before you spend a lot of gold on it.

DISCLAIMER: I am not in any way accusing ANYONE of selling these pets. This is intended as a public service announcement. :)

Last edited:

Soulstomp

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
can you tell me what I should look for ? will the pet already be nerfed on testshard or I mean paiwan showed starting stats of a Cu but what about other pets ? or fully trained pets that are for sale ? will it show on test or ?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
can you tell me what I should look for ? will the pet already be nerfed on testshard or I mean paiwan showed starting stats of a Cu but what about other pets ? or fully trained pets that are for sale ? will it show on test or ?
In my opinion, the thing to do would be to first lore the pet on what ever production shard it is on. Write down ALL the stats, including slots, HP's, skills, etc.... THEN, look at the same pet on Test Center and look for ANY changes. It's not infallible, but it would be a very good start. This would be a good method, in my opinion, for a trained pet, or one that is "untrained".

Treasure Hunter

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Here is a thought I had to help people avoid a lot of heartache when the new publish goes live.

I have noticed recently A LOT of "pre-patch", "2 slot" and what SEEM to be "over capped" pets for sale everywhere recently.

I would advise ANYONE considering buying one of these pets, to ask the seller to copy to Test Center and let you lore it there. Because, let's face it, if you are looking to spend 100-500M or so on a pet, a little due diligence never hurts. I know that for me personally, I would have zero problem transferring to TC to show a pet to a perspective buyer. WHY, you ask? Because the publish WILL "reset" most(?) of the exploited/bugged/insert phrase here, pets, and the buyer will be out all of their gold, and have a useless pet. It is a good (but probably not foolproof) way to verify that the pet is "legit".

So do yourself a favor, and check out the pet before you spend a lot of gold on it.

DISCLAIMER: I am not in any way accusing ANYONE of selling these pets. This is intended as a public service announcement. :)

Great advice!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A Cu is a typical low high end pet. Hiryus and Nightmares would be similiar. Lesser Hiryus can have higher Hit Points and Mana. If a pet is scrolled out with a magic and has all regens maxxed, it should be close to those values.

Also do not yell foul just because a pet has 825 HP and 1000 mana. You can do that if you do not add points in other areas. So, it is not easy to judge if you have not built pets before.

The TC method would work, if you can get them to go there and show you the pet.