• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Catskills guild wars

• Thread starter Turdnugget
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
T

Turdnugget

So I noticed on UO.Com that Catskills has some of the most warring guilds. Was wondering if that's active? Thinking about coming to Catskills if there's good fun PvP. Like guild wars...And if I ping decent enough there =)

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
most of the wars are for rp purposes... so if you dont like rp... *shrug*

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The warring guilds usually are RP guilds, as Norrar said. They have a set of "Rules of Engagement", and you have to apply to those rules in the guild war. They basically prohibit looting, harassing and killing on sight (among some other stuff).

There is no permanent war situation. Usually, the guild war escalates around a certain event or a RP situation.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the active roleplayers on Catskills I am aware of are in:

Kingdom of Everthorne
The Solantavo Syndicate
Freehold of Roses
The Undead
The United Pirates

You can find url's to their guild sites from their pages at uo.com

The warfare highlight allows for pvp in trammel, even if there isn't an active war at the time, it allows for individuals to fight personal battles also. Guilds requesting highlights are heavily scrutinized, and all adhere to a set out RoC/E outlining what is expected from all parties should fighting take place.

Phantroneous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what group would you suggest for somone who doesnt mind some pvp but realy doesnt have the characters for it.... somone who doesnt farm.... but loves to roleplay.... (no offence but the whole pirate thing doesnt sound inviting)

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It really would come down to what kind of stories you like to tell, The Freehold is centered around White Wolf publishing's Changeling the Dreaming, Everthorne is a kingdom ruled by an Elven King with its own history and lore, The Solantavo follows Vampire the Masquerade. The Undead worship and collect souls in the name of the Guardian; The Pirates are pirates with their own history and lore also. If you go to each guilds personal websites and forums, you can read stories posted by their guild members and get a feel for what each are like.

PM me when you plan to be in game and I can arrange to bring you a runebook with runes to the player run towns so you can test the waters and see what you enjoy.

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So just out of curiousity would it be an idea to create a waring set of guilds for pvp purposes only, no rp involved. I know I myself wouldnt mind haveing that as a more interesting aspect -I guess sort of stepping stone of pvp in fel? place to learn you char and how to handle them under pvp conditions without all the other hassles that come with fel. dunno just tossing this out there.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's what we basically do.
Nobody is forced to roleplay to an extreme extent. All we do is:

- Having a (pirate) dress code
- Avoiding strange babbling in game (sup, lol, kindergarden stuff like that)
- Do not talk about RL stuff in game (which basically means, staying in-character)

All these are things you usually do when playing an MMORPG and identify with the world and the history.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The game mechanics for highlighting allow for exactly that. Anyone can set up guilds and wars for whatever means they like. Guilds that accept highlights between each other can attack the other guilds members at any time any place. A word of caution though, you can be looted even in trammel, so you want to be sure of who you allow into waring guilds.