• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Catskills Archery League: Inaugural Event

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Players of Catskills,

You may remember during the recent Winterfest the idea of having an ongoing Archery league was brought up. Well, this Monday evening will be the first event of many that will lead up to a year end Champion.

I will go into the scoring and rules of the series in more detail at the first event. What you need to know until then is:

1) Each event is open to all skill levels, and there will NOT be separate classes for different skill levels.

2) EVERY contestant will receive points towards their series standing - the amount of which will be determined by how well you do. These points are assigned to the CHARACTER THAT YOU USE TO COMPETE. Points will not be combined between two or more characters.

3) Only bows that will be provided at the event are to be used.

And MOST importantly...

4) Registration STOPS the moment the first archer takes the line to shoot - it may not seem fair to someone who shows up three minutes late, but it isn't fair to delay those who DID show up on time.

The location of each event will be different - a Moongate will be provided from the EM Hall in Britain (and spectators are welcome, and encouraged, to come watch).

Details for the Inaugural Event:
When: Monday, January 16th
Time: 7pm EST

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So....whatever happened to this event? I know the turn-out at the first one was very discouraging, but it wasn't very well promoted. I'm certain that if the town criers were announcing the event like they do with the other EM events it would have a better turn-out. As it was, unless you happen to check this forum regularly, you would have missed it - I almost did. Plus, you could liven it up a little a bit with a different take on the archery event as I suggested to you when I was competing ( I was/am Dae'Amarth). Shooting at Archery Buttes isn't the most exciting thing to do in this game.