• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Catle/keep roof deco

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need some ideas. I just came into a keep and what bothers me is the stone look on top. I want to do a garden, any ideas? :) The gozas come out looking weird with the border around them.

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new carpet pieces can be dyed in stacks - Try some of the new stains.
If you dye a large stack it will only take one charge.

What kind of terrain is your new place in ? Snow, Jungle, Plain grassy area?
We can all give you better suggestions to match your surroundings if we know that.

L

longshanks

i take it your going for a grass look. from what i've seen the use of plants and rocks serve well to cover the straight lines and right angles.

i have been mulling how to deco the castle roof for months.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what shard? and ideas?

and I agree with Karo on tying it in with the surrounding terrain.

I have on on Ice Island which is near the entrance to deciet and almost covered the north wall with snow pile making it look like an avalance hit it.

There is another by a freind north of a swamp with a complete 4th floor in a garden decor.

I have covered my roof in the pleataue north of minoc with e hedge maze.

If you are on ATL let me know ill take oyu around to a few places for ideas.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Re: what shard? and ideas?

Create a character on Origin and I'll show you my roof which is almost done on my keep.

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd love to see your roof sometime weins.
I'm always looking for new screenshots for future pictorials!
Sounds like you might have some cool stuff.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
another good combination for grass if your going that route... is goza + green fish nets on top give it more texture..

X

Xaniya

on one of my roofs i made it into a chess board using gozas and the small tower sculptures for pieces pity i didn t take pics might have to do it again but yea it just depends on what look u want

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the gozas aren't too bad, they kind of look like mowed grass lol. Here's a pic of my keep in the process of being decorated. Still a lot to go.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My keep is a work in progress, but here's one image to share while I redo the keep as this tower is finished. I may add more to this thread as I build more.