• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Catching Legendary Fish/Crabs and lobsters

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is anyone else having problem getting their legendary fish and crabs/lobsters? I been getting my 2014 rares and legendaries to hang on my walls of my rares house/museum and have found I am having a real hard time getting some of the leggies I had no problem fishing before. in some instances I have been to the same locations over 2000 times and still no legendary, while in other spots 1st try and caught one...... for me the lab seeker is been the battle. I have gotten over 50 bulls from the area, no seeker. anyone else having this problem also? I am also using no bait but have on my new fisherman suit. Thx for the help :)

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been randomly fishing for the Winter Dragonfish for a month now, about 3 days ago I started fishing exclusively for the winter dragon fish, with no luck. So two days ago I decided to start counting how many fish I catch while trying to get this Winter Dragon. Finally a 90 ponder after 2240 fish. (Been legendary fisher since a couple weeks after opening of High Seas.)

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well I am sorry to hear about you having the same problem as me after 2000 fish caught at legendary I would have also thought I could have grabbed one with out bait :p Very glad you have gotten yours!!! I am still grinding away at mine!!

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well after this post I got to say I am laughing pretty hard now..My wife play's and now She is determined to find out the system on how to get the legendary fish..i Seem to have a habit of showing up and getting the one im looking for ,Except for recently trying to get my winter Dragon in which case another fish total of about 3000 I still have not got one lol. my wife has her's :) So we go fishing and I get a blue marlin right off the get go :) wife does not ... heheheh same spot and all we fish together a lot of the time...Sooo like she is now over 6000 fish caught and guess what she has not caught yet...:p she is catching everything except for the blue marlin... I told her to give it a rest and lets go do some spawn killing.But NO she say's there a way to do it and I am going to figure it out.So far 5 formulas later ... trashed into file 13 she is still at it. I cant believe my hunny is counting how many fish it take to get this one elusive fish, she is now traveling and fishing.. As in fishing up 3 back packs full deepwater, 3 backpacks full dastard, 3 backpacks full shame, and so on to see if that may break her non blue marlin catching.So since my Partner wont give up fishing till she catches this fish I said to myself self lets make a spellweaver.. went to luna bought my scrolls got out my soulstones and took my quest and I am now at 104 spellweaving and she is at 0 blue marlin's. I figure I am gonna be legendary before she gets her'shehehehehe GOTTA LOVE FISHING!!!!oh and P.S. Sasha Seeks is my Wife :)

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grrr.... Got my seeker fish, got my winter dragonfish, got my lantern fish, and even the zombie fish, but I'll be darned if I can catch that marlin, 7000 fish and around 100 barracudas and still no marlin!!! Fish... fish... fish.....

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which marlin are you after? I'm only GM fishing but have caught a few of the blue thanks to whichever boat gives you that bonus, gargoyle?

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Archiv, it was actually the Black Marlin that I was going for, I did finally get it after about 7500 fish, approx. 130 sos's, 100 or so great barracudas, a king fish and a weeks time! (I have serious OCD when it comes to fishing) Pacific Cruiser was just trying to be nice and not tell everyone that I was a lonely fisher in Fel trying to catch a fish and hopefully not get ambushed. On that particular day I figured heck with it, if I'm not gonna get my darn Marlin, I might as well use up some of the 3000+ great barracuda bait that I had. While using the great barracuda bait I think I caught one barracuda, then a king fish (was actually kind of mad that it was a king and not a marlin, lol ), a short while later another barracuda then finally the Marlin. Yay! A whopping 20 stone fish! Once I did get the marlin, I hung out for like another hour or so (still using barracuda bait) caught just one more barracuda and yet another Black Marlin. So I don't know if the barracuda bait helped to attract the king fish and black marlin or if the king fish and black marlin just decided to spawn that particular day. I also caught them all in the same spot.

During my week of fishing in Fel, I had not seen a single other sole on the water, in fact I had bought a cheap little boat for 10k and just left it in the water the whole time, figuring if someone came by and shot it up with their cannons it would be no big loss, alas, no harm ever came to me or my little boat. The biggest excitement out there other than getting that prized Black Marlin happened around the 4th day out to sea. I sat here with coffee in one hand fending the cat away from my mouse with the other, recalled onto my little ship and there was a big ship scapeing its way across the front of my boat! Oh I scrambled to put my coffee down, get our young cat off my mouse and prepared to die! Lucky for me by time I got my hands free it turned out to only be a merchant ship.

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I was so happy to hear her finally say she got the big one, Now she off to get the next legendary on her list.Her OCD has kicked into overtime to collect the 2014's :p

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which marlin are you after? I'm only GM fishing but have caught a few of the blue thanks to whichever boat gives you that bonus, gargoyle?
Tokuno ship gives the fishing bonus, 1 skill point