• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Castle or Keep west of Minoc that decayed last night....

JaxxVain

Adventurer
Hello all,

I saw that a castle was decaying, and I marked the area, showed up about an hour after it decayed and there was nothing there but a unresponsive player.

I read a bit about the house decay, and subsequent, looting rituals, but I wanted to see for myself, as a young character I thought some of the scraps would upgrade my gear. I suspect the castle was already emptied of all items, before the collapse.

Was anyone there last night? Was there loot to be had? I have an Endless Journey account, so I can't loot until 30 minutes after the Vets anyway, but again I was hoping for scraps.

Reminds me of a time long, long ago. The powers that be were revamping a rule about putting house keys on your vendor for safe keeping (not for sale). They deemed it an exploit of sorts, so they were going to make them "go for sale" during a patch update. THEY GAVE AMPLE WARNING ABOUT THIS "FIX". That day when I logged in right after the server update I wend from house to house, tower and castles too. I bought about 10-20 house keys for 3 gold each, and had my run of tons of items inside. I was younger and has less scruples then I guess. But it was a fun day for sure. The forums blew up that day, with people threatening to quit and leave. They demanded a server reset to pre-patch, but that was something the DEVs almost never did.

- Molson (in game)

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello :)
It was a keep that fell but it was completely empty - not even an empty bag. At most Idocs - everything is long gone that long after it falls - many will pick it all up and trash it for clean up points. Your best bet would be to be there when it falls. After all the barrels are broken, some people stand out side the barrier and sort their stuff leaving what they don't want on the ground. This would be your best chance to get something. If you are trying to gear up new toons to train, let people know and some may even give you runebooks or armor they find.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just ask in general chat. If I'm on I can let you dig through my chests of noob gear and you can build a suit to get you started.