• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Castle Caper

• Thread starter Prince Caspian
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

Prince Caspian

Is it still possible to place a castle in this game?

It's the one summit I have never reached... in fact I never even had a keep. Tower was the biggest domicile I ever had.

With the dwindling subscriptions, you'd think an opportunity would arise, but I have never seen anywhere available...

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is good sir. Wait till the next round of IDOCs and Im sure youll find a spot, but most likely youll have to fight it out with other people.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It appears there will be a new publish on TC1 that may mean a wipe.

You want to place a castle and check out .... well how they are a .... well questionable then you can do that.

If not let me know and you can have or replace the Castle I have on TC1.

I thought you could convert them to a Customizable House, without that feature it is really, in my opinion, far less practical than a 3 story 18x18.

On the other hand if you want to place a Keep, The last time I checked there were several places on Lake Austin were you could drop a Keep, that was about 2 months ago though so no guarantees. Again my opinion, the Keep is even more of a problem than the Castle is.

I understand the above has zero to do with the sheer experience of the act of placing and owning one of them.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It may depend from the shard, but I already placed a few with not many preparations.
The last just two weeks ago on Drachenfels, after a spot blocking large tower fell.
2 years ago on Origin I stumbled in the same spot about a missing castle recalling to an old rune by mistake. (The same spot where I originally placed after shard opening, which has been sold later.)
In November on Drachenfels I did see another spot and the castle fit on the first try (before I had to change the char to real place). That has a friend gotten for free.
One on Siege, after collecting a lot of IDOCs with a friend 3 years ago.
All on Arctic Island, Felucca.
And one on Drachenfels in the Yew Forest after waiting years for the last blocking house to disappear - maybe as a result of my call during Return to Britannia to the spanish (?) community, from which the house owner obviously was.

*Salute*
Olahorand

P

Prince Caspian

I once got a classic tower in Fel, and was so jazzed I dropped by 16x16 in Malas. I soon found out that the classic tower could not be modified and it did not contain any more storage. In fact, I think it held less. I ended up going back and replacing my Malas house.

However, a keep and a castle have far and away more storage space... but its true, you have to keep the rather garish design.

But still... it was always the ultimate accomplishment in UO, and it would be nice to do it once...