• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Casting in the Enhanced Client

TaldarinZPhoenix

Adventurer
I did some testing with a mage to get a feel for various damage per second and mana efficiency of magery spells.

I was disappointed to find that even with 2/6 FC/FCR I couldn't get the "correct" number of spells off.... for example I could only cast ~70 heal's on myself in a minute, or about the same number of harms, fireballs, or magic arrows. essentially anything 0.25-0.5 casting time took me in reality .75 seconds total per cast.

lightning took me essentially exactly 1 second to cast (i got 60 of them off in a minute)

mind blast, I got 40 of them off (1.5s total casting time)

I managed to cast 33 and 30 respectivly for energybolt and flamestrike. (both requiring a full ~2 seconds in between spells)

essentially every spell I cast takes .25-.5 more seconds than it "should" is anyone else seeing this?

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont experience any of this.

actually i've been told by top mages that my casting on EC is incredibly fast.

make sure you're setting the spells target instead of making a macro to wait for cursor, cursor target self (example)
(right click on the spell to set the target)

TaldarinZPhoenix

Adventurer
Thats exactly how I am targetting, right clicking the spell and setting the target. No Macros.

Sibble do me a favor and put a timer on for a minute and count the number of heals you can cast on yourself,
Then do the same thing with flamestrike or energy bolt.... how many can you cast in a minute?

TaldarinZPhoenix

Adventurer
You know what Sibble I think I figured out whats going on.... tell me if you see something similar on your end.
i think spells have a 0.25 cast recovery at FCR6, and the minimum cast time is not 0.25, but 0.5s.
My ping is usually 30-90ms (playing on ATL on the west coast). For all my testing, my cast times were taking 0.3-0.35s more than I expected, if I add the .25 (inherent cast recovery) and add my ping, and average it out over a minutes worth of casting, its nearly exact (within +/-1 cast) on all the spells I tested