• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Casting Gate Travel crashing EC

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Mounted, unmounted, spellbook equipped, also unequipped. From inside Luna.

Did I miss a memo? Casting animation does not finish. Can't even target a rune.

Any ideas?

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Most crashes I get in EC seem to be due to certain sounds playing, and more likely if its been running for over an hour and I've been swapping chars, I'm assuming its a crash to desktop yes?
The most common sound playing that crashes the game to desktop for me is the "resurrection" sound, but normally only if I've had the client running for over an hour, not predictable and annoying enough for me to have tried to find a solution, but I'm pretty sure the problem is audio.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Most the time when mine crashes it's something that is running in the background... or something.

Sometimes it's because I was running and quickly turned back over my path...

Bank crashes have always happened after trading at the bank with someone. This happens in BOTH clients.

Not being able to stop crashing or having weird things go on after a crash I have zero experience with. My guess is that something broke in the client and having it do a repair and check files would be suggested. As with anything corrupt files occasionally occur and again that can happen with either client.

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the replies and the chuckles. I will try the ideas mentioned and report back.
Casting anything with the character crashes to desktop. within about half a second (well before animation finishes). Recall and Gate travel work fine if I am casting via clicking in the runebook.
Character has 120 Med, 120 Magery, 120 3x Bard (Disco still 116.xx). I have done the patcher launch as admin, and full file check. Still crashing. Tired of messing with it for now. Going to play something not crashing.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Casting anything with the character crashes to desktop. within about half a second (well before animation finishes). Recall and Gate travel work fine if I am casting via clicking in the runebook.
Character has 120 Med, 120 Magery, 120 3x Bard (Disco still 116.xx). I have done the patcher launch as admin, and full file check. Still crashing. Tired of messing with it for now. Going to play something not crashing.
Sounds to me like a much deeper problem than just the game, I'd suggest doing some upkeep on your computer and check if you have installed new programs lately. Perhaps I'd check the video card is up to date on it's drivers. IOBit has a nice little free download that will check all your drivers and update them called DriverBooster.

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Not quite casting anything. Casting something already on the hotbar works fine. Moved things over to a different character, casting w/e worked ok. Moved all back to problem child. Same crashes. Noticed windowed mode vs fullscreen.

Running fullscreen, no issues. In windowed mode, same crashes, and just closing the spellbook crashes to desktop (on any character). As book goes through the shrinking animation, then all animation stops just before book disappears (about 1/4 inch square on 27" 2560x1440 and play window settings). Fullscreen it is.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the same issue when I played WAR Some odd reason window mode would have issues. Full screen I wouldnt. That was on one of my old gaming computers back in the day when I playef. I always thought the issue was the video card myself.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If i understand this correct.
You are unable to cast recall/gate on 1 char.
You can cast recall/gate on other chars ??

Does sound alot like some corrupted files.
Try and delete the char related files under documents.
If that dosent help, i would run a checkdisk on the harddrive.