• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cast a vote for your fellow tamer :)

What should I leave the Cold resist at?

Votes: 4 44.4%

Votes: 1 11.1%

Votes: 2 22.2%

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sorry I tricked ya to look at this thread :p

Working on this pre patch baby, it was a 4.6 rating before first level training.

Wanted to get your opinion on what I should raise the cold resist to?

Thanks for your input in advance :)

Ain't she beautiful !!
upload_2018-2-18_22-21-24.png

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I prefer 80/75/70/70/70 resist spreads. Nightmares tend to be all use pets. I went a low cold resist spread on a legacy chiv nightmare and the halloween graveyard skeletons kicked his ass. Will not do that resist template on another nightmare.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I generally do like I would my own suit... 75/80/70/70/70... but that's me...

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I also prefer balanced resists over one weak resist, simply because I play Siege and don't want the pet to die to a couple of mindblasts once they figured out cold resist is low. I tend to go with 80/75/70/70/70 simply because 90% of the monsters do primarily physical damage. I go 75/80/70/70/70 on the pets where I know I will use consume damage most of the time.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I love that the new system allows for so many builds...always enjoy seeing new builds and balances... when I'm not usinga a cu I enjoy the 80 80 45 80 80 build.. great against most of the monsters of the game but I would not use it on nerco casters or frost based monster as they will get flatted.. the balance builds 80 75 70 70 70 are sexy all around builds too.. honestly the main way most of the RS work are like this... basic moves on boss lvl monsters will see about a 10-15 damage increase on magicail or phy moves from 80 to 75.. ya hardly even feel it.. about the same for 70 Rs ... only the big money maker moves do ya truly feel it..but those are rarely spammed back to back.. like the Burning mage uses a breath attack... Now with 80 fire rs this normally hits for 40-120(on a pet) .. for a pet with 75 this spikes to about 50-150 so once again not to bad.. ...what it breaks down to is where am I taking my pets and what will we be doing, Does the monsters in question have a huge Burst limit breaker move and how often does he use it if he does? Then we just build the pet to fill our needs.. everyones play style is different and you will find the resist builds that best fit yours as you go.. hope this helped mate.. ya have a wonder night.. =^-^=

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I prefer 80/75/70/70/70 resist spreads. Nightmares tend to be all use pets. I went a low cold resist spread on a legacy chiv nightmare and the halloween graveyard skeletons kicked his ass. Will not do that resist template on another nightmare.
Yep this is bad, since these cannot ever spawn again sadly : What is sorely needed is a way we can "reimbue" pets and redistribute training points at the sacrifice of other skills we choose..Tis could salvage a lot of pets and LOTS of time investment, at no cost to proper play, and it would not be cheating in any way. In other words a mechanism or tool of some type that once activated would allow you to change the pet, in a way that would be more advantageous. Maybe a UO store purchase or other in game semi-priced item? Or FREE proces that would allow this? What harm could that do to have something like this?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
would have to introduce the same for imbued weapons then...just saying...
Pet imbuing is different though : Takes many hours of grinding to train levels in pets, and PS upgrades can stay the same with this re-imbue tool. Imbuing a weapon/item is a lot shorter in time spent..

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pet imbuing is different though : Takes many hours of grinding to train levels in pets, and PS upgrades can stay the same with this re-imbue tool. Imbuing a weapon/item is a lot shorter in time spent..
you obviously have never farmed daemon claws then to imbue demon slayer...just one example.

and by farming I don't mean buying from a vendor...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
you obviously have never farmed daemon claws then to imbue demon slayer...just one example.

and by farming I don't mean buying from a vendor...
You are right..with the so many changes in pet revamp happening though, what you do today to a pet may be a disaster in few weeks, so a respec tool for pets is not such a horrible idea, esp due to the PS issue and the massive 60-250M costs to get 120's and the time vested..