• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cash out – to do or not to do…

• Thread starter imported_Qute Pi
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Qute Pi

Ok, cash in makes people mad because they don’t want to spend rl money on simoleans. Of course they aren’t literally forced, but to get ahead (at this point) it may be necessary.

So why do we feel forced? I think it’s because this cash out feature, not yet implemented, is taking control of our world.

I read someone’s post about if they took away cash out option, no one would want to make custom content, or spend the time to create new things in game.

I understand this is the very beginning of the situation. It feels to me at this point that the future cash out is what this game will be balanced around.

So…how important is cash out to you? We already know the opinions of many on the cash in…but for instance would you be willing to have no cash out, if it meant having better payouts? Maybe not old TSO payouts, but beginning EAL payout range.

Personally I love the idea of making custom content for the game. I would love to make rl money from the game. BUT more than all that, I would love to have fun in the game. I would love to make creations and properties and have fun, and if I didn’t make a cent of rl money, so be it…at least the game is fun!

I think the cash out option is making people forget this is a game, and it’s making people “act” greedy. For instance, if you build a property and don’t get exclusive rights and someone steals your ideas, suddenly it’s not fair! Yet you (general you) have been building for simoleans for many many years and never said a word about what is fair or not. The only change…cash out future…

*shakes head at greed*

G

I don't do custom content, but hey maybe 1 day i might try it. Also i doubt i'll ever use the cash out feature either. Most likely it's going to be some crappy amount of simoleans per $1 usd or the fee will be ridiculous to use the feature.

G

Most likely if I "cash out" it will be to fellow players, not to EA.

G

i want to to custom content to have more object options in the game and also for myself to see how creative i can get (just learning) as far as the cash out option, i still cannot wait to see how that goes. At this point i do not agree nor disagree with the option.

I

imported_SimTripps

I wrote the following in another thread... Cash out will most likely never be added... and even if it is, the rate will obviously not equal Cash in... EA wants to MAKE money off of us, people, not lose it.. A philosophy of a money-making democracy? Maximize profit with the least amount of operative overhead and cost loss....

Cash out is foolish... And on the same note CASH IN is foolish too and hypocritical... Sure - let's dance and be oh so joyous and pretend that we're creating a Social Market Economy, but at the same time profit from us all from the sale of simoleans in the game... Sure, it's o.k. if EA does it, but NOT o.k. for us players to...

Don't get me wrong - I do love this game, but I'm fed up with the whimsical tweaking and twiddling they've been doing. We never know what's going to happen next, and which rug will get pulled out from under us. Just leave the game alone and let us play with a structured and consistent gameplay already, not constantly change the rules on a whim..

I say completely get rid of Cash in, and don't even think about adding Cash out... increase payouts once again, and maybe... just maybe... we'll all have a normal game again...

Where's Donovan when I need him most lol...

I

imported_Qute Pi

You make great points, but there will always be someone willing to spend rl money on simoleans. And I think it's ok if they want to...but it should be just as easy to make the money the right way, instead of these crazy low payouts and high object / property prices.

Buying simoleans, should be the lazy sims way out...(not saying anything bad about being lazy, some people just get bored with money making and want immediate results.)

Selling on the other hand, makes no sense, in a game that is struggling to stay alive and earn a profit.

As for constantly tweaking and changing, however annoying it may be...I don't think they are done, and we should wait till the end result to get upset about it.

I

imported_SimTripps

True - it's beta, so there's going to be alot of tweaking... but I'm SOOOO looking forward to when it's all over and we can all call it home again lol...

G

I think they need to sell simoleans, EA needs to make a profit, bottom line. For them to turn around and also buy simoleans is about as bright as a blown out light bulb. That is one sure fire way to put a huge dent in the profit they need to make.

IMO, they should raise the payouts back to a reasonable amount, for the people who like to earn their way so that they don't end up losing them from the game, and sell simoleans to those who choose to purchase rather than work for what they have.

This would keep both types of players happy.

P

Purdy

<blockquote><hr>

You make great points, but there will always be someone willing to spend rl money on simoleans. And I think it's ok if they want to...but it should be just as easy to make the money the right way, instead of these crazy low payouts and high object / property prices.

Buying simoleans, should be the lazy sims way out...(not saying anything bad about being lazy, some people just get bored with money making and want immediate results.)

Selling on the other hand, makes no sense, in a game that is struggling to stay alive and earn a profit.

As for constantly tweaking and changing, however annoying it may be...I don't think they are done, and we should wait till the end result to get upset about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if we want to keep the high payouts then they would have to get rid of the cash out system. I see some ppl already planning on making enough simoleans to pay the monthly fee and EA doesn't want that to happen.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

I think they need to sell simoleans, EA needs to make a profit, bottom line. For them to turn around and also buy simoleans is about as bright as a blown out light bulb. That is one sure fire way to put a huge dent in the profit they need to make.

IMO, they should raise the payouts back to a reasonable amount, for the people who like to earn their way so that they don't end up losing them from the game, and sell simoleans to those who choose to purchase rather than work for what they have.

This would keep both types of players happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

G

Add me as being in full agreement. Cash-out just has "bad idea" written all over it.

Qute Pi, Purdy, and CntryGrl - you've hit the nail right on the head here.

Unfortunately, you can't have cash-in without the cash-out, as one is the counterbalance to the other; without either side of that equation, you have no zero-sum, and the inflow of simoleans without an equal outflow will create balancing issues that will have to be dealt with by raising prices, lowering payouts, and other decidedly unpopular means.

The entire cash-in/cash-out system needs to be scrapped. Yes, I realize I just made myself instantly unpopular with the group of potential CC-creators who see EA-Land's system as a cash cow; but I'm okay with that. It wouldn't be the first time I've pissed someone off
. But, seriously - all the fighting and bickering and all the outrage between the haves and have-nots, and all the general discord we're seeing around here are all just the tip of the iceburg. If this whole SL'esque idea fully comes to fruition, it's going to get even worse, and in ways few people here can possibly imagine.

How bad could it get? Well, let's just say, I hope EA's legal department has gotten a good look at this proposal; though, I have to suspect they're far too busy dealing with the issue of all the Sims 2 paysites that are all profiting off of EA's intellectual property without permission -- the very same thing that's going to happen to EA-Land if this goes through; and the only people who are truly going to suffer are those who just wanted to play TSO for enjoyment's sake.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I don't see them scrapping cash in...

I thought I heard with regards to the money pool that you couldn't cash out simoleans, unless the pool had funds, from those cashing in...anyone else hear that?

As for what you said:

Yes, I realize I just made myself instantly unpopular with the group of potential CC-creators who see EA-Land's system as a cash cow; but I'm okay with that. It wouldn't be the first time I've pissed someone off .

Better you than me? hehe.
Thanks for usually saying what I'm thinking. You GO!